Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We have two GS500 codecs running the 5.1.2 firmware version that are registered to a Lync 2013 AVMCU. One of the codecs works without any problems. The second has been powering off after going to sleep and not being used after a day or so. This had been reported on a previous firmware version and had been fixed with firmware version 5.1.1. I cannot find anywhere in the logs of the problematic codec as to why it is powering off, and it is only happening on the one system. Has anyone else run into this? 

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Not enough details here to determine.

You should get logs and open a service ticket to have them read the logs and determine if there is a cause.

One thing it could be, do you have an external control system connected to it?  Is it doing something?

Is it plugged into an outlet that someone (like cleaning crew) could be unplugging to use for the vacumm cleaner?

Is the remote set up to power it down, look in the configuration under System Setting, Remote Control, Long hang-up push?

HP Recommended

Thank you for the reply. I do have the logs from the next time the system was turned on, so I will open a ticket and send in the logs. I did check the system settings and found that the Long hang-up push is set to hang up and turn off. I changed it to hang up only. Hopefully that is what is causing the issue and that will fix it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.