Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We just upgraded our G7500 units to VideoOS V4.0.1 and our Zoom Room software to 5.14.5.2936

We have a pretty simple setup - the G7500 with a single EagleEye IV camera.  We get audio from an external mixer via the audio input (no mic), use an HDMI TV for video out, and control the room with an Android device. The Android device is running Room Controller app version 5.14.5

When we connect the controller to the room and try to start or join a meeting, we get the error message "Some of your Zoom Room devices need to be upgraded to join this meeting".  We have no idea what device needs to be upgraded, nor what version may be needed.  At this point, our Zoom Rooms are dead in the water.

Any advice would be appreciated.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hello @NobleCoIT ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

I would suggest contacting our friends from Zoom as they supply the app you are running on our device.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

We did finally resolve the Zoom error - it was an out-of-date and unused iPad controller that was triggering the error. 

However, we still have an issue with the Poly unit.  After upgrading our G7500 to the latest firmware, every time we reboot the controller, our EagleEye IV camera is not detected and the ZOOM application does not launch.  If we unplug and re-plug the camera back in, then it is recognized and the ZOOM application launches.  This did not happen prior to the latest firmware and application updates.  Something still seems wrong with this firmware.

HP Recommended

Hello @NobleCoIT 

please raise this via our support organization. Please quote ECS-2854 and ECS-2943

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello @NobleCoIT 

as a workaround for now change the Location to USA via General Settings > My Information > Location > Country > United States

Best regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Our G7500 units have been configured that way since they were originally set up. It does not fix the camera issue.

HP Recommended

Hello @NobleCoIT 

I should have added that this is for Units in EMEA. Did you raise a ticket I cannot find your name in our system with a ticket open.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

I HAVE the same problem.  EEIV 12x rear facing with a poly digital extender works in Poly Mode but is not recognized in Zoom Mode using Zoom Room config.    

HP Recommended

Hello @OneRoom 

welcome to the Poly community.

As stated throughout this post, please get this into support.

best regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.