Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I've encountered an strange issue where the Poly G7500 when in teams mode is not pairing with the TC8. Poly and MS support indicate the product is not certified and there cannot be troubleshooted regardless if the product does works(can join calls and the Trio is currently paired and used as a microphone). Is there any eta on when the Poly G7500 will be certified with MS for teams native mode. 

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hello @ic_jp ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

We cannot speak on behalf of our partner Microsoft so we cannot provide a date.

You have not posted sufficient information but lets assume you are not running 3,9 software. We can only suggest downgrading to 3.9 and you should not have an issue.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I tried downgrading to 3.9 prior in general troubleshooting, and that did not alleviate the issue. 

HP Recommended

Hello @ic_jp ,

Did you factory restore the unit so it deletes the Teams APK?

I suggest also do the same to the TC8

https://documents.polycom.com/bundle/polypartnermode-ag-3-3-0/page/t2725596.html#:~:text=On%20the%20....

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

We factory reset G7500 and the TC8 several times sadly with the same result in the end. 

HP Recommended

Is there any update to this as yet? We have lost Teams Room Certification on our G7500 and this is posing a significant interruption to our business. I don't want to be referred to Microsoft I'd like Poly to advise a solution their product. We have tried suggestion already posted here to no avail.

HP Recommended

Hello @Sneaky_AU ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

We, Poly, never publicly claimed the G7500 is Teams certified. We have always outlined that we are waiting for our Partner Microsoft to certify the G7500.

Until this time yet in the future, the G7500 is an unsupported device when using this with our Partner Microsoft in Teams.

I suggest you work with our support organisation to downgrade the unit and as a test, it can be used with Microsoft Teams when running a specific firmware. Our Support team can assist in this.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Hello all,

try these instructions:

• System reset, untick all boxes

• When reset, choose Teams as provider

• Unpair TC8 panel

• and pair again

• Now downgrade to 3.9.1 using the Custom Server and this URL:

https://swupdate.lens.poly.com/polyos/3.9.1/360006

If downgrading via the Internet is not possible check >here< or >here<

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Hi Stefan,

Our G7500 have been working in Teams Room mode for many months without issue, then suddenly the feature no longer works. Also our X50 and X30 can no longer work in Teams Room mode either. We now have no Poly units able to run in Teams Room mode accross our business. No recent firmware or software updates are applied but the units are all on latest firmware. Please confirm that Poly X50 and X30 are currently Certified devices and Teams Room compatible?

Thanks,

HP Recommended

Hello @Sneaky_AU 

just because a G7500 used to work with Teams it does not make the device a certified device for Microsoft Teams. Our Partner Microsoft simply has not yet certified the G7500 as a Teams Room device.

We recently, to outline this simple fact, added (Not certified) to the Provider for customers to understand this. If a customer still chooses to run the G7500 in this Provider mode it is at their own risk.

The G7500 was never certified by Microsoft to be used with Teams. It is only for proof of concepts or lab testing and Microsoft Teams with a G7500 must not be used in a production environment until our partner Microsoft certifies the unit.

Our Partner Microsoft could "block" the G7500 at any moment with no notice so the customers must understand the risk of using this configuration.

In regards to Studio X no longer being able to sign in to Microsoft Teams and/or having been signed out over the weekend this is a known issue affecting most Android devices.

This is not a Poly Issue and affects other manufacturers.

Microsoft states this in the Teams Admin Center as MO372219 or TM371762 but in order to see this, you have to be a tenant admin. In M365 admin center you go to Health and then Service health

imageimage

Public Info for example: https://twitter.com/MattEllisUC/status/1521568533964066817

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.