Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have a pair of RealPresence Group 500 room devices, and a pair of RealPresence Touch screens. Since updating the software on our Group 500s to 6.1.6-420060, our Favourites icon has disappeared from the right-hand menu bar on the touchscreen, where it previously showed after selecting "Start Meeting". Does anyone have any previous experience with this? I've had a good look through the web console of both the RealPresence Group 500 and the Touch device, and I've got favourites set up on the web console, but there doesn't seem to be an option to hide/restore the favourites button, or else customise which options I can see on the Start Meeting screen.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended
hi Sam,

Thanks for your post . Since this problem has started after the upgrade to newly released GS version 6.1.6 , I would request that a service request be raised with Polycom support for investigation . We are also currently looking into some issues that have propped up after GS updates to the latest version 6.1.6 ( released on April 4th).

In case this is service impact then you could consider rolling back to the older version that was running on the GS unit and TURN OFF auto updates.
HP Recommended

Hi Karthik,

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, my employer does not have a support agreement in place with Polycom - I contacted them by phone and was advised that the Polycom forums are probably the best way to get help.

Regarding rolling back to an earlier version, is this something that can be done through the web admin console, or will a package have to be downloaded and deployed to each device?

Kind regards,

Sam

HP Recommended

hi Sam,

Thanks for your response too.  If you are doing this for the first time then  to downgrade the software  you can follow the below steps :

1) Uncheck  Automatic Software update on the GS unit  and the WebUI :

2)  Download the previous software version (.tar) file from  the link below :

https://support.polycom.com/content/support/cala/cala/en/support/video/group_series/group500.html#

3) Move the downloaded  file into a  USB stick and insert it into the usb port  of the GS. Follow this video to complete the downgrade :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBDu3sQMCX8

Hope this helps!

HP Recommended

Hi Karthik,

I shall try that, thank you - when you say GS, is that the RealPresence Touch screen?

Kind regards,

Sam

HP Recommended
I am referring to the Group Series (GS) . Not the touch panel.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.