Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

Can you please advise if there is something we can do on our end. The camera for our HDX 8000 will not PTZ (pent, tilt, or zoom).

We know it's the camera because we connected the hdx to a different camera and that one worked.

Thank you,

Florence

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Just a couple of questions.

Did it work before?

If yes then did something change?

Do you still get video from The camera?

Is The camera The #1 or #2 camera.

A couple of facts you may already know.

The #1 camera is powered by The HDX

The #2 camera is NOT powered by The HDX and requires a separate power supply.

If The #1 camera is Not using The standard Polycom HDCI cable  ie The BNC-HDCI breakout cable - then The #1 camera requires a separate power supply.

Now if this is The case - was The power supply altered (meaning was The low voltage wire from The power supply to The camera made longer?)

I know you said another camera works but I just wanted to provide some info.

I suggest calling Polycom Support for assistance.

http://support.polycom.com/PolycomService/support/us/support/Contact_Us.html

HP Recommended

Another test is to make sure the camera has been properly sensed by the system.  Go into the UI under cameras and make sure the camera model is the type of EagleEye that you have connected to the system.

HP Recommended

Thank you for your response.  My answers are below

Did it work before?                                        YES when we first set up the system for a few minutes

If yes then did something change?           No. We disconnected it and when we tried again a few days later it didn't work

Do you still get video from The camera?  Yes we get video

Is The camera The #1 or #2 camera.        It is in Camera 1 and we are using the cables that came with the unit

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.