Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,
According to the documentation the vertical FoV is only -15 degrees which requires 3x the min. seating distance in relation to the height offset between closest speaker and the height of the EED II.

So if the minimum height of the EED II according to the setup guide should be 1.7 m and the conference table height is around 0.7 m (1 m vertical offset), the closest participant should be seating at 3 m distance from the EED II for being framed with -15 degrees.

But the room layout (see screenshot and setup guide) shows only a minimum required 0.9 m distance from the conference table to the EED II, so I’m a little confused…

Any recommendations and experiences of the speaker tracking of close participants?

BR

Chris

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello @Chris-M-Cy 

The .9m is the minimum, not necessary the optimum.  It will get the person in the shot but will be looking down on them.  

I have attached a couple of phone photos that I took in a conference room I have access to.  The center of the camera is about 72" / 1.8m.  The left side of the chair is about the .9m from the front of the unit.  As you can see the image is looking down on the person, but it does capture them.

The other image is just a reference of the front of the room.

HP Recommended

Thanks a lot for this info,
although it contradicts to the stated EEDII FoV which is minus 15 degrees (compared to -30 degrees of EagleEye Producer) this would be fine, but I have to be 100% sure since it is for the boardroom of the incumbent Telco in Cyprus.
BR

Chris

HP Recommended

Had to look into that.  That is the auto locating movement range, the limitation of the audio detection moving the camera.  So that is more the angle that the audio detection works so depending on the height of the person sitting there at the end of the table whether they would be detected or not.

We are going to update the EED II Installation guide to indicate that.  Thanks for the question.

Another thing, it would not change the detection but Poly does have a wide angle lens for the EE IV that may help you situation.  It is supported on the EED II, but we have not done any drawings of how it would change the drawings we provide in the install guide.  The description of it is:  EagleEye IV-12x wide angle lens. Provides up to 85 degree field of view. Includes counter weight and lens hood. Recommended for small room only, may produce some artifacts in large room settings. Not supported with EagleEye Producer.  The part number is 2200-64390-001 if you would be interested in using it in your application.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.