Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have a few HDX 7000 & 9000 in which multipoint option was activated.

Then all of a sudden, multipoint in some of them stopped working few months ago.  This has been bugging me for a long time and I have no idea.

Until a few days ago I realized that I have upgraded firmware in some of them.  And it seems like every firmware upgrade destroyed multipoint option.

That's why I write this to ask if it's the case and how to recover the multipoint license?  Can I downgrade the firmware?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

from the Video FAQ:

Jun 22,2014 Question: How can I activate / check / verify / recover my license?

Answer: 
Please check this post in the Software Licensing section => here <=

Replied via a mobile device

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello @Horus,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

It is always useful to include the currently used Software version as issues experienced or a question asked may already be addressed in a newer release.

This also allows yourself and others to check against current software release notes, Administrator Guides or FAQ post’s.

The above is also stated in the "Must Read First" and is the absolute minimum requirement every new post should include. .

In addition providing us with this basic information gives Polycom an idea what Software Versions are used in the field and avoids wasting time trying to troubleshoot issues which have already been addressed.

To answer your actual question a software update should not remove a multipoint key. Simply re-add it if it has gone.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I was actually asking it as a general case, thinking that if it turns out somebody reported the same thing, then I would make some effort investigating it in particular.  And if it's not confirmed, maybe I should not bother too much.

But since you said it's important to give such details, here you.  I'm listing three of them:

HDX 7000 HD
Hardware Version: C
System software : Release - 3.1.11-53024

HDX 7000 HD
Hardware Version : A
System software : Release - 3.1.11-53024

HDX 7000 HD PAL
Hardware Version : A
Software Version:    Release - 2.6.1.3-5205

Do I need to give you serial number as well?

Given a serial number, is it possible to check if a device has the multipoint option enabled in the past?  I have also resetted some of them so I don't have the multipoint key because I forgot to jot some of them down.  Is it possible to get the key in some way if I can provide the serial number?

Thanks

HP Recommended

from the Video FAQ:

Jun 22,2014 Question: How can I activate / check / verify / recover my license?

Answer: 
Please check this post in the Software Licensing section => here <=

Replied via a mobile device

HP Recommended

OK, let me see if I can find back the multipoint keys via that website.

HP Recommended

Replying to myself in order to close this thread:

OK, I followed the FAQ (https://community.polycom.com/t5/Software-Licensing/FAQ-How-can-I-activate-check-verify-recover-my-l...) to retrieve the key codes with the S/N from "support" web site.

Just tested the multipoint option and it works.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.