Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We have some X30 and X50 that we are using in Teams Mode.  We can't seem to find a way to turn off the Self View in the lower right corner when we are in a meeting.  This is really starting to get in the way of some meetings because some controls like the Windows System Tray and zoom features in some apps are in that corner.

I have found some instructions online on turning this off when in other modes, not Teams mode. 

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello @JordanCN ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

Both the communities Must Read First or Read 1st and if available the FAQ reference the basic minimum information a new or follow up post should contain.

This ensures the questions having to be asked are limited and any new or follow up post contains the right amount of details to ensure any voluntary participant within the community does not spend additional time chasing basic information.

Unfortunately, your post fell a bit short of the above-explained requirements and we kindly ask you, therefore, to ensure to read these sections and ensure a reply (not Edit!) provides as much detail as possible

Please ensure you familiarise yourself with the FAQ’s listed in my signature for your convenience.

To answer your original question I would need to refer you to our Partner Microsoft as they control the app and they support the application.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi  SteffenBaierUK,

All the information that is required is in the post.  I posted that they were X30 and X50 units in Teams mode.  The logs are not going to tell you how to turn a feature on or off. 

I don't know how to post this without sounding like I am being a jerk, but I and I am sure many others that post here have already checked previous questions, the FAQs, and the Knowledge Base for a solution. It is very frustrating is constantly seeing this lengthy canned response telling us that a boat load of irrelevant information is required no matter how simple the question.

As I was looking for a solution, I can't tell you how many times I constantly saw this response or something similar and grew more and more frustrated because it just clogs up the comments.

I think Poly should keep in mind that the reason we are posting on a community forum is because Poly do not support your products directly.  As you note in your message, you would refer us to the partner.  When I have called in for support for this and other products before Poly referred me to the reseller those times as well.

If Poly is not going to support the product, they Poly should not be requiring the community to chase down a bunch of information irrelevant to the issue and just let the community respond.

HP Recommended

Hello @JordanCN 

your post does not contain the Studio X Software version or the Partner Microsofts application versions.

This may become important in the future when someone finds this post.

Everybody can open a support ticket but if you read my reply to the end it does tell you to check with our Partner Microsoft as they provide the App when running Microsoft Teams.

Poly does not have any control or influence over its app.

As a final reminder please be aware that all people within this community are volunteers and nobody is employed to reply here or provide solutions and/or FAQ posts.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

@SteffenBaierUK wrote:

Hello @JordanCN 

your post does not contain the Studio X Software version or the Partner Microsofts application versions.

This may become important in the future when someone finds this post.

Everybody can open a support ticket but if you read my reply to the end it does tell you to check with our Partner Microsoft as they provide the App when running Microsoft Teams.

Poly does not have any control or influence over its app.

As a final reminder please be aware that all people within this community are volunteers and nobody is employed to reply here or provide solutions and/or FAQ posts.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

I also got this for my husband to use with Teams. He told me today that he is nearly shouting to be heard. At some point he had it on backwards but it still didn't work when he put it on correctly. What are we missing? 

HP Recommended

Hello @RyderHarrison ,

Not sure about your reply here. Please try and post in the correct forum

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

@SteffenBaierUK wrote:

Hello @RyderHarrison ,

Not sure about your reply here. Please try and post in the correct forum

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

sure thank you

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.