Controlling an MPTZ-7 with a RMEV100 remote

terryweasely
Occasional Contributor

Controlling an MPTZ-7 with a RMEV100 remote

I am attempting to use the MPTZ-7 Eagle Eye as a camera only video recording device for our church.  I have a RMEV100 remote controll that was suggested by a supplier to control this camera.  I have set the #14 switch 1 on the bottom to ON.  With it OFF, the camera powers up and initializes and centers.  With the switch ON, it does nothing (which is correct) but then does NOT respond to the remote.  When used with the EVIHD1 (which is what this camera really is internally) there is a camera selector switch on the back, but it is not included with the MPTZ-7.  Any ideas?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Controlling an MPTZ-7 with a RMEV100 remote

Hello terryweasely,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The cameras are usually only for Polycom Video Conferencing usage and not for any direct usage.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------

If official support is required please check how to phone or open a case here

----------------
The title Poly Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 3
terryweasely
Occasional Contributor

Re: Controlling an MPTZ-7 with a RMEV100 remote

I am aware that these cameras are NORMALLY used for conferencing, NOT stand- alone video.  I thought that one of the users might have attempted to do what I am attempting and would share their results or suggestions.

Message 3 of 3