Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

hi.  I'm a little under whelmed by the speaker that comes with the x30 while the rest of the codec is amazing.  is it possible to route audio output through the USB-C port to a poly sync 60 or other speaker device?  or can you route audio through Bluetooth or WIFI to some other 3rd party speaker setup?  Alternatively, if the HDMI cable that sends video to a display could also pass audio, could you choose to use the speakers built into a TV for audio?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Cheezegr8r 

I have Sync20 and it works with Studio X30. Tested it in Teams mode, so it should work in other modes too.

In audio settings you can find one important option for your case - "Enable USB Audio". With that, after connecting Sync (either directly via USB or paired to BT600 dongle), it shows up as:

• USB Speakerphone Input
  • USB Speakerphone Output

Tested it with USB-A port, can't tell you how it will behave when connected to USB-C port.

However I've found one minor problem - when there is incoming call, notification sound is really quiet. If you try to make it louder using Sync volume buttons, notification sound disappears totally. But if call is answered, audio works normally.

So in general - answer to your question is: yes. But as always it's best if you test it out yourself.

Cheers

Lukasz

HP Recommended

Hello @LK_ENP and @Cheezegr8r ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

I checked the last couple of release notes and whilst this works I cannot find it as stated as being a supported setup.

@LK_ENP 

if you want to get this into support I suggest you mention EN-199527 or EN-202157

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hey @Cheezegr8r ...

Sync devices are currently not supported on Studio X or G7500.

You can choose to use the TV´s speakers for sure from the webui (s. screenshot attached)

Cheers,

Uwe

Cheers, Uwe

Check my blog at https://aitsc.de/blog
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.