Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Quick question. One of our clients cannot see content on a laptop connected to the codec via vga cable. I have checked the settings and monitor 1 is set to 1024 * 768 vga. Also tshe laptop is set to the same. Camera 3 is set to content.  Have asked him to presss FN + F5,F7,F8 etc but still does not work.  Seems the laptop is not being detected. VCR and computer options do come up but the computer option has a big red stop sign through it and cannot be selected. Three laptops have been tried and another room at the same site with identical settings works fine.

Does anyone have any help for me. This issue is driving me crazy.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Couple of questions.  What type of codec?  What is the firmware version? Do you have the camera setting set for content and sharpness?

HP Recommended

Thanks for response. In answer HDX 7000, software version 3.0.3.1 19040 and yes camera 3 is set to content and sharpness.

Client's actual situation is this...

The issue that we are getting is that when we  connect the cable into the pc, it’s not detecting the pc and when we press the content button on the remote it brings up 2 options vcr and computer. The computer icon has a big red stop sign through it and we can’t select that to start the content sharing.

Any ideas ??

HP Recommended

Ok.  I see that you said that the customer has tried several different laptops on the same codec with the same results.  Has the customer tried switching vga cables?  Or were the other laptops tried with different vga cables.  Also, and I think I should have asked this the first time, has content ever worked on the codec or is this just a recent issue?  Is there a video switcher involved or a touch control?

HP Recommended

HI there,

I am going to ask to switch cables but at the moment there is not polycom touch control and no video switcher involved in this. It indeed has worked before. Any other comments welcome but I will report back on the cable swap out. Thanks for your help so far.

HP Recommended

No problem.  Keep me in the loop.  As a last resort, you could always do a factory restore on the codec to bring back to out of the box condition.  There is a possibility that the firware is corrupted somehow and this could be the cause of the problem.  Let me know how the cable swapping pans out.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Try to use the people + content software and check via connecting IP. so, you can easily identify where the problem is.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.