Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Is there a way to configure the Group series for the USER ID to be used to login to the web interface as a read-only account in addition to the ADMIN ID to be used to login to the web interface for full system access?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello @sxmason3 ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

Both the communities Must Read First or Read 1st and if available the FAQ reference the basic minimum information a new or follow up post should contain.

This ensures the questions having to be asked are limited and any new or follow up post contains the right amount of details to ensure any voluntary participant within the community does not spend additional time chasing basic information.

Unfortunately, your post fell a bit short of the above-explained requirements and we kindly ask you, therefore, to ensure to read these sections and ensure a reply (not Edit!) provides as much detail as possible.

To answer your question I suggest you check the Admin Guide for your yet unknown software version a check the chapter Local AccountsEnable Access to User Settings and Restrict Access to User and Administrative Settings.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Sorry for not providing enough info. The codecs are running latest version 6.2.2.7. I did research this quite a bit before I posted but the admin guide isn't specific enough. I need to allow users to access the web interface via the USER ID instead of the ADMIN ID so they cannot change system settings. If I assign a password to the USER ID, users will be able to accomplish this. The concern I have is that I don't want to prevent access to the web interface for IT administrators who use the ADMIN ID to login. Per the screenshot below, it indicates if I assign a password to the USER ID, I MUST enter this password to login to the web interface. It doesn't indicate whether I can STILL login using the ADMIN ID. I have 50 Group series codecs that I need to enable this setting and I don't want to find out afterwards that the ADMIN ID cannot be used to login to the web interface and I don't want to have to factory reset 50 codecs. Please advise. Thanks!

HP Recommended

Hello @sxmason3 ,

A good idea would be to try this on one of your 50 units. If this works for you apply it to the other 49.

You can of course wait for other volunteers to answer or simply contact our official support infrastructure.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.