Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have some Trio 8800 with the Visual+ video units with firmware release 5.9.5.3182.  We use to have multiple sites and used these with S4B a couple of years ago.  We now have the need for them again, but now that everyone has moved to Teams it seems like the functionality of these units has been crippled.

I am sure many are aware that setting the Trio to Teams mode means it does not work with the Visual+ any longer so the only way to use the video is with S4B mode, but then I have several problems in that mode.

• Trio to Trio with both in SFB mode with O365 Teams Coexistence set to S4B is fine.  Scheduling a meeting with SFB works as usual.  Can use video and share content with Skype.  Problem is everyone moved or is moving to teams.
  • If I set the Trio to SFB mode and set O365 Teams Coexistence to S4B w/ Teams Collab and Meetings I can call video call at Teams user and they can call the Trio, but content cannot be shared with the Trio.  One other problem in this mode is when the Trio joins a scheduled Teams meeting I cannot unmute the Trio no matter what I do. I have combed through all the settings and nothing on the meetings is set to mute participants.  It is only the Trios that mute.

I would hate to have to scrap these units.  Is there combination of modes on the Trio and on the Teams Coexistence settings that I need to be able to get these units to join a Teams meeting with Video and hopefully be able to see shared content too?

Is there a video and content option replacement for the Visual+ setup that will work with the Trio 8800 phones?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello @Jordan Nolan ,

Welcome back to the Poly community.

None of your old posts has ever been marked as "Accept as a solution" or at least provide some form of feedback or answer.

As they are in this state nobody finding them via a community search will know if an answer or advice provided was useful and has maybe helped you.

For your new issue, I suggest you look at our RealConnect service as you can still use your Trio with VIsual+ solution.

If you want to keep the Trio's only look at Studio X as they can be used as a Microphone and Speaker and a simple remote.

As these discussions require more details please work with a Poly reseller in your region.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.