Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi all,

I am trying to connect CX8000 360 kit with sound bar or any other speakers to enhance sound in room. In lync settings i am able  to set sound bar as audio output and everything seems to be ok. Test voice sounds from the soundbar. But when i touch apply and restart, then in the Lync meeting all the sound comes thru cx5100. But it is realy big room, so i need to have the sound from the speakers. And there is not a classic Lync interface to change it like on PC.

Is there any way ?

Thanks anybody for help.

Petr

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Dear Petr,

Our partner has a same problem. Do you have any sollution?

Do you able to try put any speeker device to CX5100's RCA output and set up the Lync client to use the CX5100 audio?

Maybe this idea is works. (I never try it). If yes, please write here.

Thank you:

Viktor

HP Recommended

Dear Petr & Polycom,

We tried the CX5100's RCA out put, but that is not solution for this issue.

In the meantime I found some info about the CX5100 RCA outpput:

Data sheet wrote: „Audio RCA jacks for room audio cancellation” (this is input not output?)

Scertz blog: The RCA audio jacks are not currently active and are included for possible future use. (posts at 24.12.2014)

Anyway, somebody has a solution for that audio problem?

Thank you:

Viktor

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.