Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

maybe someone can help me out ... we have Lync implemented and I am interested in using CX7000 equipment for video conferencing. We still run VSX7000 on several locations - some just to reach via PBX other already integrated into our WAN thus via IP address. Is it possible to call such systems from a CX7000? We have got a test device integrated into Lync but I am not able to connect to anything else then "Lync" devices. How does it work to call a VC from a Lync client but then via the IP address? And why is the old VSX7000 not picking up calls from a CX7000?

Does it mean that you need to implement a HDX instaed of CX when you run a mixed VC infrastructure like we do?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

M.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

The VSX systems do not include any type of native Lync integration, while the CX7000 is a completely native Lync endpoints (does not support H.323 video).

To allow these systems to call each other in two-party calls you'll either need to use DMA as a gateway to provide H.323 to Microsoft-SIP or 'meet-in-the-middle' on an RMX bridge which is also integrated with Lync.

Alternatively you could use an HDX instead of the CX7000 as the HDX supports native integration into Lync and also supports H.323 video used by the VSX.

HP Recommended

Hi Jeff,

I read your blog often for Polycom/Microsoft issues and have found it very useful.

Currently, I have a customer interested in CX 5000 room systems, which in my opinion are only glorified USB webcams and are hard to support on a VC basis and are even harder to integrate in an AV environment.

Hence, the CX 7000 is very appealing for the AV integration and non-PC reliance, the native codec can manage the commercial grade screens with power management and content sharing.

However what I am beginning to understand is that though it looks like Polycom and smells like Polycom, using the EE cameras, etc, it essentially only integrates with Polycom in the same way the CX 5000 integrates, nothing really extra in that department. I was a bit disappointed to be honest, I was under the impression that the endpoint was SIP and H.323 capable.

That would be a killer.

Thanks,

Dov

HP Recommended

Hello Dov,

the CX7000 is LYNC only. If you like an endpoint with SIP (LYNC) and H.323 you would need to look at our HDX range.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.