CX7000 on Microsoft Lync - A few questions..

SOLVED
TSL77
Visitor

CX7000 on Microsoft Lync - A few questions..

Hi guys,

I have just implemented these nice devices at a customer site, and have a few questions that I hope that you guys can help me out with.

1. When we change the camera settings and push apply, the changes are not saved upon reboot. Is this a bug, or has anyone tried the same issue?

2. It seems that the quality is not HD between the 2 CX7000. Now the settings has been set on Lync, do we have to set settings on the Polycom as well? It is not very obvious in the documentation :-)

3. We are in Denmark. Therefore it would be nice to have Danish keyboard layout. Is that not possible?

I hope that you guys can help me out, since the customer is loosing patience. :)

With regards,

Thomas

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Uwe_Ansmann
Honored Contributor

Re: CX7000 on Microsoft Lync - A few questions..

Hi Thomas...

3. We are in Denmark. Therefore it would be nice to have Danish keyboard layout. Is that not possible?

Not at the moment. From the release notes of version 1.0.2:

Support for language-specific keyboa rds for these languages: English (United States - International), Engl ish (US), English (United Kingdom), French, French (Swiss French), German, and German (Swiss German).

2. It seems that the quality is not HD between the 2 CX7000. Now the settings has been set on Lync, do we have to set settings on the Polycom as well?

Do i unterstand right, that you have enabled lync to do 720p by the right cmdlet ?? If not, have a look @ Jeff Schertz´s Blog for the correct command. 720p calls with the lync require the following bandwith: Minimum for 720p calls: 1.5 Mbps,Recommended for 720p calls: 2 Mbps or greater. 

1. When we change the camera settings and push apply, the changes are not saved upon reboot.

Yes, that´s right. Same issue with my machine. But i thinks that´s normal and the presets can´t be saved.

Kind regards,
Uwe

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Uwe_Ansmann
Honored Contributor

Hi Thomas...

Not at the moment. From the release notes of version 1.0.2:

Support for language-specific keyboa rds for these languages: English (United States - International), Engl ish (US), English (United Kingdom), French, French (Swiss French), German, and German (Swiss German).

2. It seems that the quality is not HD between the 2 CX7000. Now the settings has been set on Lync, do we have to set settings on the Polycom as well?

Do i unterstand right, that you have enabled lync to do 720p by the right cmdlet ?? If not, have a look @ Jeff Schertz´s Blog for the correct command. 720p calls with the lync require the following bandwith: Minimum for 720p calls: 1.5 Mbps,Recommended for 720p calls: 2 Mbps or greater. 

1. When we change the camera settings and push apply, the changes are not saved upon reboot.

Yes, that´s right. Same issue with my machine. But i thinks that´s normal and the presets can´t be saved.

Kind regards,
Uwe
Message 2 of 4
TSL77
Visitor

Hi Uwe,

Thank you for your answers. The video settings are correctly set in Lync, but im gonna try and do some troubleshooting with the customer.

Have a great weekend!

/Thomas

Message 3 of 4
jschertz
Polycom Employee

1. I've tested this in the latest 1.0.2 release and the zoom/pan settings are retained after a reboot of the system.  Individual camera presets are not currently incorporated into the solution though.

2. Run the Get-CsMediaConfiguration cmdlet in Lync to verify the highest allowed media resolution for RTV (as detailed in my blog article which was referenced in the previous post).

-----------
Jeff Schertz - Principal Microsoft Solutions Architect [Blog]

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Message 4 of 4