Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I am the "IT Guy" for the company I work for, and I have been given a few devices to play around with while at the office.  The devices are:

• Polycom RMX 1500 MPMx-S 3.05
  • Polycom HDX 9000
  • Cisco/TANDBERG Telepresence VCS CTI-VCS-BASE-K9
  • Cisco TelePresence System EX60

I also have a dedicated connection to the internet for these devices (if needed) with 5 external IPs, as well as a seperate internal network (192.168.0.0/24) that is segrated from the network we use for our daily activities.

As I come from IT, and not A/V, I am wondering where I should even begin.  I have the "Quick Start Guide" for the RMX 1500, and the VCS Expressway Starter Pack Deployment Guide, but that is about it.  

Where can I find information regarding how to connect/integrate these devices?  I am trying to find documentation about if they should have external or internal IPs (or if it even matters with propper NATing), which device connects to which other device (I assume the HDX connects to the media port of the RMX).  However I am not sure if the VCS goes before or after the RMX.  IE: Internet > VCS > RMX or Internet RMX > VCS.  (if you haven't guessed by now, I am a complete novice at this)

If anyone could point me in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Welcome to the exciting world of videoconferencing. The place for Polycom documentation is www.polycom.com\videodocumentation

If you want to access the devices from the internet then you will need external IP addresses, be sure to follow good practices for setting passwords and setting your auto answer to no so no one can access your video. Learn to use your web interface, the HDX 9000, has a web server and you can configure it from that as well as launching calls.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.