Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi there,

I just installed the Trial Version for Polycom Real Presence Desktop. I connected a VC System with another Office from our Company but the quality wasn’t very good. I saw the band width was never over 512 kbps, maybe that’s reason of the bad quality. Is 512kbps a standard for the trial? Is it possible with this trial to have a band with over 512kbps?

Thanks for answer.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended
Hi,

A few question to understand the calling scenario.

Was your laptop/pc using a wired/Ethernet connection or wireless.

If wireless have you tried a wired connection.

Do you have enough bandwidth?

Have you tried calling another video endpoint to rule out that it is your site.

Feel free to contact me if you need for information or details for a manned video helpdek to perform a test call.

Interlink Vision are a Polycom certified video and infrastructure partner and reseller and would be more than happy to help.

Irfan@interlinkvision.com

HP Recommended
 I saw the band width was never over 512 kbps

The RPD is capable of call speeds up to 2 meg.

If, in your case, the call speed is set to 512, you can change this setting on the corresponding configuration page.

Also doublecheck, that the far site can do calls > 512 kb/sec.

If possible, attach a screenshot of your media statistics page (taken during the call)  to this thread.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.