Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

At first I thought it was a firewall issue, so I moved the m100 system onto the same subnet as the ViewStation FX.

Still getting same issue.  Audio is fine between M100 and ViewStation FX stations.  M100 can't see video from ViewStation FX but ViewStation FX can see video from M100 system. 

I am also able to call out to the Polycom test sites and can see pictures of the remote site no problem. 

Just want to know if anyone else has had problems connecting to a ViewStation FX using the m100 software and whether or not you were able to fix. 

Thanks for any info.

Manuel

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi Manuel,  The m100 has not been officially tested with any of the older ViewStation products. These units have been out of production for over 5 years and are no longer supported. 

Unofficially I have done a couple of test calls between an m100 and a VS4000 and a ViewStation FX and was able to get video in both directions.  All systems in the test were on the same local LAN.

All the ViewStation units I tested with are running the last released software 6.0.5.24

The Polycom test sites you mentioned are HDX units and therefore are compatible with m100.

Ken...

HP Recommended

Thanks for the answer Ken.

HP Recommended

I have a client that is having a similar issue with the M100 client not working with a ViewStation FX. You mention that the M100 client only works with HDX systems. I am reseller, and am under the impression that this is a standards based H.323 client. This client should work with VSX systems, since they are newer.

If I am incorrect, let me know.

323.tv

Shawn Young

HP Recommended

Hi Ken.

Somehow I've managed to get the impression that M100 won't work witrh ViewStations because M100 requires H.264.

Is that true? If so I guess your FX must have had an H.264 license.

Pete

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.