Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I should preface with the fact that I have done this in the past, and a former co-worker just did 4 courtrooms like this.

We have 2 Group series 500 codecs in a combine/divide space. The customer wanted soft codec functionality with 4 cameras. So, we are using the QSC PTZ 12X72 cameras with their USB I/O bridges and DSP.

• The cameras have IP and HDMI output. They are set to 1080p running into HDMI DM transmitters, then into a DM16x16 matrix switch.
  • The video feeds are coming out via DMC-4k-HDO scaling output cards to the HDCI input of the codecs.
  • At first we were using the Polycom Digital Breakout Adapters to get the HDMI signal into the HDCI port. We could not get the codec to display anything but a black image on self-view.
  • We switched to the SCT HDCI to HDMI direct breakout cables with, hoping that would resolve the issue. But no luck there.
  • We have set the input EDID to a fixed 1920x1080p@60hz with no audio support.
  • The HDMI output is set fixed to 1920x1080@60 in a dot to dot mode.

What am I missing here? Is there some API command we have to send to get this to work? Or do we have to connect the serial camera connection from the HDCI breakout to our control processor, and attempt to have it emulate an EEIV camera handshake? Is the codec looking for a slightly different timing? 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I had already anticipated that might solve it. So I overnighted some, and it turns out that no matter what you do the Crestron DM Chassis HDMI outputs will not pass anything unless they see an EDID on the destination device.

So, the Extron EDID managers/minders fixed the issue right out of the box.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

I would like to add, that our engineer on-site has discovered that plugging the camera in directly will work just fine. It's when you go through the DM switch, and the scaling output cards, that we have the issues.

HP Recommended

As a test:

Can the camera feed be routed through the matrix to any other display?

Can the camera feed be routed through the matrix and use the HDMI input on the GS?

With this additional detial more success may be had with Crestron support.

May want to include the firmware version for reference.

HP Recommended

In the camera section of the Web UI, what does it show as being detected for the camera?

If you are not using the HDMI content input you can use that input and set the 'primary camera' to that input.  That could also just be a good test.

HP Recommended

Yes, the Camera can be routed just fine to any of the displays or as the content input.

Also, if the camera HDMI feed is plugged in directly to the HDCI DBA, it works fine.

The only thing I can come up with, is that all Crestron HDMI outputs are requiring the destination to have an EDID to ensure source to display compatibility, and there is evidentally no way to bypass this. 

HP Recommended

You could try something like this EDID minder in between the Crestron and the Codec

https://www.extron.com/product/product.aspx?id=edid101h4k

HP Recommended

I had already anticipated that might solve it. So I overnighted some, and it turns out that no matter what you do the Crestron DM Chassis HDMI outputs will not pass anything unless they see an EDID on the destination device.

So, the Extron EDID managers/minders fixed the issue right out of the box.

HP Recommended

Hi Wklosterman,

We're having the same problem on one of our projects.

We tried the Extron EDID Minder with no luck.

Are you able to explain exactly what you did and how you did it to get the system working?

Cheers

HP Recommended

Hi Wklosterman,

We're having the same problem on one of our projects.

We tried the Extron EDID Minder with no luck.

Are you able to explain exactly what you did and how you did it to get the system working?

Cheers,

Peter

HP Recommended

For others looking at this post, some suggestions in your configurations.

Turn off EDID in the switcher output to codec ( Group camera input does not support EDID)

Turn off HDCP the Group codec does not support HDCP on the HDCI input

Turn on the scaler due to the Group codec does not support resync when they change video input.

So EDID OFF, HDCP OFF, Scaler ON locked at 1080p60 ( not 1080p59.9 or 1080p60.1 )

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.