Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I've just updated a HDX6000 to version 3.0.5-22695.

The problem of not being able to search an AD of greater than 20,000 users has been fixed but all users are showing a Presence status of Unknown.

Is anyone else getting this issue?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

That is the expected behavior.  Search results from the Lync directory do not show presence, only the Lync contact list will show presence.

And the reason that directory search is now working in HDX 3.0.5 in your environment is that we've introduced the ability to fall-back to using the Lync server's Address Book Web Query (ABWQ) feature.  Meaning that if the complete Lync address book is too large for the HDX to download and decompress then the system will automatically revert to sending the search requests directly to the Lync server which will perform the search and return the results to the HDX.

Be aware that if a Polycom Touch Control device is attached to an HDX in this environment then the results will still not appear on the PTC.  Only searches performed in the HDX Web UI or via the remote control current support ABWQ mode.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

That is the expected behavior.  Search results from the Lync directory do not show presence, only the Lync contact list will show presence.

And the reason that directory search is now working in HDX 3.0.5 in your environment is that we've introduced the ability to fall-back to using the Lync server's Address Book Web Query (ABWQ) feature.  Meaning that if the complete Lync address book is too large for the HDX to download and decompress then the system will automatically revert to sending the search requests directly to the Lync server which will perform the search and return the results to the HDX.

Be aware that if a Polycom Touch Control device is attached to an HDX in this environment then the results will still not appear on the PTC.  Only searches performed in the HDX Web UI or via the remote control current support ABWQ mode.

HP Recommended

Thanks Jeff.

I guess the inevitable question.

Is it possible that the lync contact list functionality will ever be included in the Polycom software?

Thanks

HP Recommended

I Jeff,

I have a HDX8000 ver 3.0.5 with PTC 1.0.5- registered to Lync and using it as Global Directory but (always a but); the HDX with RC only shows favorites and directory but when PTC connected no directory or favorites are displayed - any pointers?

Thanks in advance

HP Recommended

The Lync contacts are disaplyed under the Directory (not the Favorites menu) and if the entire Directory does not display then this is an indication that the HDX has reverted to ABWQ mode and does not have a locally cached file that the PTC can query against.

HP Recommended

Can we force the ptc to cache the lync adb?

i added my problem to this posting here ->

http://community.polycom.com/t5/Video-Endpoints/HDX-V3-0-5-with-PTC-V1-5-Lync-Directory-Visibility/m...

HP Recommended

No, the ABS vs. ABWQ behavior is not manageable, the HDX will only fallback to ABWQ mode after the ABS download fails numerous times (as I've explained in the other thread).

Also the PTC does not work with the Directory in the event that the HDX has reverted to ABWQ mode.

HP Recommended

ok, so i see this situation for our environment.

firmware 3.0.5

1. makes the HDX to being not able to download ABS, it failes and ptc contact list does not work

or

2. makes the HDX to being not able to save/work with the ABS, because its to big, so it failes and ptc contact list does not work

HP Recommended

Hi upgraded HDX to 3.1 and PTC to 1.6

HDX can search for favourites only(pre defined in a lync client) the global directory search doesn't show up anything

The PTC will not show up any results at at in either directory or favourites

The directory would be above 20k

Any ideas or what should I expect?

T

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.