Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

How to configure the Mute/Unmute sound alert in the latest Plantronics Hub version for the Blackwire C5220 Headset?

There isn't any config entry in the settings menu anymore.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello @Sascha Smejkal,

Welcome to Poly Community.

Similar question has been addressed =>Here<=.

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Admin is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. This forum replies or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer. Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and may be answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.

HP Recommended

Hello,

I'm sorry, but that doesn't solve my problem. My problem is, that I've had the voice notification already configured. But in the latest version of the HUB there's no such config item anymore.

Best regards

Sascha

HP Recommended

Hello @Sascha Smejkal ,

We are not aware of any such issue so can you share any screenshots so that I can see what is happening? One important thing is that you need to use the USB A OR C connector to connect it with computer only then HUB will be able to read your headset settings. Using the 3.5 mm connector will turn your headset into analog device and HUB cannot interact with devices using a non-USB connection. Additionally can you use Poly Lens and see if headset settings can be managed through this other software?

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Admin is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. This forum replies or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer. Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and may be answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.

HP Recommended

I have this same exact issue with my Blackwire 5210 (USB-A) headset now today after upgrading the Plantronics Hub software to version 3.24.2 (Build 36336) and updating the firmware of the headset to version 223.  Prior to this, like the original poster said, there were settings in the Plantronics Hub software to allowed us to turn off the voice notification of "Mute On" and "Mute Off" voice.  I had mine set up so that it only "beeped" when I went on mute/unmute.  Now these configuration settings are no longer found in the Plantronics Hub software.

Can we please get these settings back?  I don't want to hear the voice.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

I had the same issue. I first though it was Microsoft teams issue. but then I understood it still makes that annoying sound even when the teams is closed.

thanks for letting us know that it needed a software. I was able then to reduce it to a single tone sound. the software doesn't let you go without making any noise. it's so annoying.

it is also so annoying that you need a software to do this. in most companies like mine installing any other software is prohibited. they made an exception for me.

If I knew it would be so I would have never purchased this headset.

After installation of the software, it adds a windows notification as well that you need to turn off . oh man

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.