Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Critical info support always asks for:

Plantronics Hub:  Version 1.0.7 (latest)

Blackwire 8225-M Firmware Versions: (latest)

-- SetId: v.1.1166.72.2011
-- USB: v.2011
Microsoft Teams Version 1.6.00.1381 (64-bit). It was last updated on 2023-02-06 - public preview is turned OFF - this is the latest version of Teams as of the writing of this post.
Dell Precision 7560 which is kept up to date by Dell Command and ALL patches for it are installed

Hub setup:
I have it enabled for MS-Teams events and Plantronics Hub events and no others, here are the events for each and whether they are on or off (some are turned off due to conflicts)

Primary Events - MS Teams - All these events are ON
On Call, Available, Away, Busy, Do Not Disturb

Second set of events - Plantronics Hub as follows:
Headset attached - OFF (I have no use for this event)
Incoming Call - ON (Teams does not have an event for this so this is very cool)
On Call - OFF (was interfering with Teams on call event so I turned it off)
Headset detached: OFF (I have no use for this event)

I have had issues with the device to the point they asked me to replace it, but I also wanted to post them here in case they are being caused by MS-Teams as opposed to the device itself.

1 - Headset goes out after an extended period of time being connected when someone calls and I have to disconnect and reconnect the headset to get it to work.  Having a powered hub makes this easy to do but ... (see point #2)

2 - According to Poly Support, the use of a powered USB hub and this device is not supported.  I have a huge issue with that due to newer laptops not having a lot of USB-A connections.  I bought a USB 16 port powered hub with switches for each USB port and it's never had an issue except for this device.  I tried using a USB port on the laptop and that did NOT resolve the issue.

3 - After a call on teams and I hang up in Teams, the headset remains in a state that it thinks I'm still on a call and the hub shows I'm on a call.  I have to click the Teams button to cause the hub to say I'm available but Teams thinks I'm available (status mismatch issue).  It appears that the headset is not picking up from Teams the hang-up event and thus the hub doesn't pick up on it either.
2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello @bhartle1 ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

This was in our spam filter and needed to be released manually by one of our volunteers.

The best and quickest way forward is to contact our Support organization as the community is run by volunteers only.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I'm having the same problem with my Poly Blackwire 3320 USB-A Headset when I hang up from a Webex call on the computer.  The green light on the headset stays on or blinks and I can't turn it off without unpluging the headset or starting a new Webex call, then hanging up with the headset first.   If someone calls and I answer with the computer while its doing this, I get a rapid beeping noise in the headset.  Fortunately the person on the other end doesn't hear it.  I called Poly and they walked me through a software update, but that didn't do anything.  I have the headset plugged into the USB port on my HP Elitebook.  Very frustrating and inconvenient. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.