Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I just bought myself a brand new Blackwire 5220. Firmware version is v.223. I'm using it on two computers, one is on Windows 10, the other Windows 11, connected via USB-A.

I noticed that when the microphone is activated, the output sound running through the headset speaker is filtered, especially in the low end. Same behavior on both computers I use.

On the spec sheet of the Blackwire 5220, I see that there are two speaker bandwidth specified :

1. Speaker bandwidth (speech mode) : 200-6800Hz
  2. Speaker bandwidth (media mode) : 20-20000Hz

So I guess that there is a "speech mode" embedded into the headset that changes and filters out the the speaker bandwidth whenever the microphone is activated. Right ?

Is there a way to disable this filtering so I can ear the full bandwidth sound when the microphone is activated ? For some applications I need to ear the complete sound palette while having the microphone opened.

Thanks for your help and suggestions !

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Arma wrote:

Hello,

I just bought myself a brand new Blackwire 5220. Firmware version is v.223. I'm using it on two computers, one is on Windows 10, the other Windows 11, connected via USB-A.

I noticed that when the microphone is activated, the output sound running through the headset speaker is filtered, especially in the low end. Same behavior on both computers I use.

On the spec sheet of the Blackwire 5220, I see that there are two speaker bandwidth specified :

1. Speaker bandwidth (speech mode) : 200-6800Hz
  2. Speaker bandwidth (media mode) : 20-20000Hz

So I guess that there is a "speech mode" embedded into the headset that changes and filters out the the speaker bandwidth whenever the microphone is activated. Right ?

Is there a way to disable this filtering so I can ear the full bandwidth sound when the microphone is activated ? For some applications I need to ear the complete sound palette while having the microphone opened.

Thanks for your help and suggestions !

The Blackwire 5220 headset indeed has different speaker bandwidth specifications for speech mode and media mode, indicating that there might be a filtering mechanism in place to prioritize voice communication. However, without access to the specific firmware or software settings of your device, it's challenging to provide precise instructions. Here are a few suggestions you can try to potentially disable or adjust the filtering:

1. Check the software settings: Install any software or driver that came with your Blackwire 5220 headset. Explore the settings and options provided by the software to see if there is a configuration related to audio filtering or bandwidth limitations. Look for options that allow you to adjust or disable any speech enhancement features.

2. Firmware update: Visit the official website of the headset's manufacturer and check for any available firmware updates. Updating the firmware may introduce new features or settings that can modify the audio filtering behavior. Follow the instructions provided by the manufacturer to perform the firmware update.

3. Contact support: If the above steps don't yield the desired results, it's recommended to reach out to the manufacturer's support team directly. They will have the most accurate information about the specific capabilities and settings of the Blackwire 5220 headset and can provide guidance on how to modify or disable any audio filtering features.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.