Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

When I use the Blackwire 5220 with the USB plug on my Mac OS 12.3, I can hear myself speaking (playback). How can I disable that?

I noticed that if I plug the Jack rather than the USB adapter, I don't have this problem. But still, I would rather use the USB adapter, ad the cord is too short without it.

Please note that the same question has been asked here, without any solution: https://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/382490/how-to-disable-sidetone-voice-feedback-on-usb-heads...

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello @suanik 

Welcome to the Poly community.

The sidetone of our Blackwire series can be get adjusted via the Windows Sound Control panel. Please follow the following path to get to the setting: Windows Sound Control Panel>Playback>Double click the Blackwire>Levels>Sidetone.

Also on high sidetone levels, the headset's microphone may start picking up the environmental airflow and feeds it back to the speaker which results in an audible hissing sound.

Please note that the sidetone setting is not available if the Blackwire series are used with a Mac.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.