Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I just started a new remote job. They sent me a 5210 usb headset for my set up. I am on a Mac laptop.
installed the hub software and using the headset. Testing it and found that the mute/unmute function on the cord (plugged in hand device attached to the cord) doesn't actually mute me in Teams, Slack etc.

I can hear the prompt ("you are muted"), but the mute doesn't actually change the setting in the app i am on?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello @WFHScot 

Welcome back to Poly Community !!

If you are seeing that issue with your device, please go through the following steps which are necessary to ensure these functions are supported.

1. Poly HUB software has to be installed.

2. Skype for the Business process has to be closed completely as it otherwise takes priority of these functions.

3. The green tick for "Connected" to Microsoft Teams has to be visible in HUB's internal softphone list. (HUB>Settings>Softphones).

4. The co-existence mode of the user has to be set to "Teams Only" mode on the admin level. Call control functions to Teams are not supported if the account is set to another mode such as "Islands" mode.

5. Make sure the device is on the latest firmware version.

In case the issue still persists, please open a support ticket with Poly.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.