Today’s government departments and agencies are faced with increasing demands for efficient citizen services, legislative requirements and public safety concerns. With limited budgets available, how can they better leverage thier existing video technologies to address these challenges?
Consider how an organization can use existing video conferencing investments in new ways. When combined with the the right infrastructure, video conferencing solutions can be used to reach hundreds or even thousands of viewers to create quality recordings and webcasts to streamline the communications around training, one-to-many messages, and knowledge management initiatives.
Of course, the technology needs to be easy and affordable. I recommend looking into the Polycom RealPresence Capture Server. It complements video conferencing investments with simple self-service workflows - there’s no video production expertise required. End users are empowered to capture what they know, and share those insights with others, creating a more connected and informed organization.
For government departments and agencies, here are the top 5 benefits for using capture-server technology to create great video assets and webcasts:
- Extending access of information to citizens and employees - when and where they need it. Capture Server offers government organizations a new way to improve services, organize and deliver information anytime, anyplace, any device. One-to-many communications can be made available through webcasting and recorded video archives that are accessible through a browser.
- Integration with voice, videoconferencing, and Microsoft Skype for Business for real-time and on-demand content. Justice organizations improve public safety, decrease operational and capital costs and improve training by leveraging a complete unified collaborative communications solution in new ways. Thus, creating high return on investment.
- Improved communications such as training, which helps organizations to be better informed, especially during times of emergency. Capture server technology improves public services, increases departmental efficiency, emergency responsiveness, and promotes inter-agency collaboration.
- Easy-to-use browser-based solutions. Now anyone in the organization can create, share, stream and view videos with simple self-service workflows.
- Files are secure – Capture Server can help governmental organizations archive national defense, internal security, border security and other national security issues in a secure archive.