This entry was originally posted on The Partner View. In case you missed it:
Heading to Orlando for TEAM Polycom 2015? We’ve compiled a list of interesting facts about this great city and interesting attractions should you have spare time before or after the conference concludes.
According to Forbes’ 2015 The 10 Happiest And Unhappiest Cities To Work In Right Now, Orlando is the fourth happiest place to work in the United States! The city attracts over 54 million tourists every year and is also a popular destination for conventions and conference; this makes it a great location for TEAM Polycom 2015!
Known as “The City Beautiful” Orlando is the home to some exciting sites including the Kennedy Space Center. Also noteworthy, the Cape Canaveral Air Force Base will launch the SpaceX Falcon 9 Rocket into space on February 8, 2015. Visitors can take a tour Kennedy Space Center, a NASA facility or Cape Canaveral US Army base.
Orlando is also considered the theme park capital of the world, in fact Walt Disney World; has four separate amusement parks and two water parks. Here is a list of Orlando’s top amusement parks:
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Magic Kingdom
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon
- Disney’s Blizzard Beach
- Gatorland: home to thousands of alligators, crocodiles and other creepy reptiles.
- Universal Studios; Take a ride on The Hogwarts Express at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter or see one of the other many attractions at Universal Studios.
- Universal’s Island of Adventure
- Universal Studios Florida
- Visit Sea World Orlando and meet the famous Orca whale Shamu along with hundreds of other beautiful sea creatures.
Last, Visit Orlando is a great resource to get more information on local restaurants, attractions, and other destinations in Orlando.