Operation Smile is an international children’s medical charity that performs safe, effective cleft lip and cleft palate surgery, and delivers postoperative and ongoing medical therapies to children in low and middle income countries. Since 1982, Operation Smile — through the help of dedicated medical volunteers — has provided over 220,000 free surgical procedures for children and young adults.
Being by nature a widely dispersed organization, Operation Smile needed the best collaboration technology to maximize its effectiveness for children, and maximize the use of donor funds. Working with Microsoft, Polycom is proud to support Operation Smile with video conferencing services that keep their far-reaching medical teams and operational staff in constant contact.
We connected with Robert Birch, Microsoft Alliance Manager at Polycom Federal, and Ron Emerson RN BSN of Polycom, to give us more background on this wonderful partnership. Read the full Q&A here on Public Sector View.
- Please see the related video, which tells a wonderful story.
- Selection criteria for a healthcare video collaboration solution
- Telemedicine: bringing the latest in medicine to America’s military
- Microsoft’s Yammer acquisition…what it means for users and video
- Silver Chain connects in-home healthcare professionals and patients
- Telemedicine – Delivering healthcare on the high seas