Wow. What a show! Great exhibits with a great announcement from Polycom. The RoundTable 100 for Skype for Business, co-developed by Polycom and Microsoft, is a video appliance for the SMB space that is sure to be a game changer. (See the press release.)
I was at the show managing the Lync kiosk and had the privilege of demonstrating many of the new UCS 5.3 features for our VVX line of desktop phones. While I can't go into detail on each feature, there are many new and enhanced features that will debut with the new firmware on or around March 27th. Once we go GA on the firmware, I'll be back blogging in detail. The list is exciting and generated quite the buzz at the show:
- Boss/Admin - consolidated view, simplified user experience
- Support for Microsoft Lync Conferencing
- Exchange Calendar Reminder “Click-to-Join” From Main Screen of the VVX
- Call Transfer - default transfer, simplified user experience
- Music on Hold – built in default audio file or import your own
- Visual Voicemail – see who left messages with presence and act on the message(s)
- BToE - audio playback as an enumerated windows device
- Transparent Line Keys – allowing for more effective branding of the phone
Click to watch a short demo of the click-to-join Lync conferencing and visual voicemail features.
The list is even more extensive than this, but I have focused on the features that customer and partners have been clamoring for. Check back in the coming days/weeks as we get closer to the launch date. I promise that you won’t be disappointed.
In the meantime, if you're curious about which Polycom product is right for you, learn about the Lync Edition VVX Phone in this blog: What is a Lync Edition VVX Phone?