Long-standing Polycom customer Silver Chain has been awarded the ITAC Aged Care IT Award for Best Implementation of the Year for its innovative use of unified collaboration solutions to transform the way it delivers health care services to it patients.
Silver Chain is one of Australia's largest not-for-profit health and community care organisations. With more than 3,000 staff, 400 volunteers, and 27 centres across the state, the organisation helps more than 74,000 people remain living in their homes and communities every year.
In its quest to best support its patients across vast distances, Silver Chain began pioneering the use of Polycom’s video collaboration technology to enable patients living in some of the most remote parts of Australia to receive quality healthcare.
In particular, Silver Chain has been using video collaboration to:
- Enable remote diagnostics, treatment and monitoring of aged care patients
- Provide patients with greater access to specialists and specialist treatment such as diabetic experts and speech therapists, who are typically based in metropolitan areas
- Monitor medication adherence remotely
- Improve training and team collaboration for medical professionals working within Silver Chain
- Reduce travel time and costs for Silver Chain employees and its patients
Silver Chain received the award at the prestigious ITAC Information Technology in Aged Care Awards ceremony on 22 July in Hobart, Australia. Polycom Solutions Consultant Irwin Davis, who has worked very closely with Silver Chain, co-accepted the award alongside Silver Chain CIO Lee Davis.
You can learn more about Polycom's partnership with Silver Chain here and watch the video below.