Social media helps companies join conversations about key trends in the marketplace. As we’ve mentioned previously your customers and competitors are on social, but are you? Here are a few tips to help you get started from Billy Conlon, Polycom’s resident social media expert.
Here at Polycom we understand some are still skeptical about the benefits of social media,
but we also know that it holds great potential and value for companies that get it right. Here are some simple steps to help you get started with social media:
- Do some research; start by listening to conversations so that you can observe customers and thought leaders in your industry as well as your competitors’ approach to social.
- Determine your objectives. In other words, figure out what you want to gain from social media. Keep in mind social can support brand awareness, lead generation and event marketing efforts.
- Outline your approach and leverage best practices to determine how often you will engage and the types of content you will use.
- Secure internal buy-in as well as the resources to implement a social media plan. This should include a realistic budget.
- Create strong bios and profiles for both your company and subject matter experts. These profiles provide background for your followers showing that you and your experts are credible and knowledgeable.
- Start sparking conversations that will leave a lasting impression.
- Monitor responses and mentions of your company and/or products to gauge what is going on in your industry. Leverage analytic tools like Hootsuite or Tweetdeck to keep track of your activities.
- Develop a process to continually fuel your content engine.
Polycom’s Social Enablement program can help. It provides Polycom partners with the tools to succeed in social media, including compelling and relevant content that can be shared with followers. The program also provides event promotion support as well as training resources. Partners can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit PartnerConnect to sign up and get started today!
Want to learn more about the benefits of social media? Check out these blogs: