Expand Your Video Portfolio with…. Telepresence???
Yes, I know. You read that headline and thought for a second that you were teleported back to 2007. Using telepresence to expand your sales opportunities? But before you chuckle and move on, there are some current market realities you should be aware of:
- There is still a lot of opportunity for telepresence. And much of it is new customers and greenfield opportunities. Many of the accounts purchasing Polycom telepresence are first-time telepresence customers. Often times they’ve been using video for quite a while, and as it becomes more deeply ingrained as a part of their communications workflow, they recognize the need for higher quality experiences to maximize the benefits of their overall investment in video.
- The market has evolved. It’s no longer all about the illusion of “sitting across the same table”. Yes, there is still a place for that and it’s a valuable part of the experience for many customers. But Polycom telepresence also delivers an amazing multipoint experience, clearly seeing all participants spread across three huge displays. And it’s also becoming an important collaboration space – seeing content on any display, sharing and annotating from your own device, and much more. These new applications are driving demand for new investments in telepresence rooms.
As a Polycom partner, the new RealPresence Immersive Studio Flex is the ideal entry point, even if you’ve never actively sold telepresence before. Reasons for this include:
- Much more flexibility than any telepresence system that’s been available before. For example, customers have the option of purchasing just the media wall. This leaves you, as the partner, to assist customers in scoping the unique furniture and other room components to round out their application. No longer is telepresence a “one size fits all” approach. Your expertise is needed more than ever to ensure your customer has a compelling experience that justifies their investment.
- Lower pricing than ever before. With pricing at least 35% less than Polycom’s previous generation mid-size telepresence (or Cisco’s current generation), new customers are exploring telepresence who wouldn’t have given it a second glance in the past.
- Because it’s based on RealPresence Group Series, and it’s as easy to manage using RealPresence Clariti as any other Polycom endpoint, it is easier for you as a partner to demonstrate how telepresence is a natural extension of your customer’s video environment, without needing a special IT department to keep it up and running.
Enable your sales team to sell Immersive Telepresence, apply for RealPresence Immersive Certification, add a great solution to your portfolio and offer your customers more choice than ever.
Lots of sales tools and materials to help you sell are available on the RealPresence Immersive Studio Flex page on PartnerConnect, and check out this video for a quick glimpse of it in action.