Poly Sync 20 - loud announcements

SOLVED
Zebragonzo
Occasional Visitor

Poly Sync 20 - loud announcements

Hi all. My Poly Sync 20, when turning off, announces "Power Off" at maximum volume. Support has confirmed that there is no way to turn this off. It wakes my son up every time I forget to cover the speaker with a pillow.

I'm sure that it didn't use to do this which would suggest it was a firmware update. Does anyone know where I can find some install files to downgrade my polysync firmware to quieter times?

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Beyond Conference
Valued Contributor

Re: Poly Sync 20 - loud announcements

Hello Zebragonzo, decrease the volume while the device is playing the announcement.

You will see the led bar length decreasing while doing it.

BR, Beyond Conference

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello @Zebragonzo ,

The community contains individual sections dealing with the different products we offer Voice, Audio/Video, UC Infrastructure or Others.

Your post or the post you replied to was placed into an incorrect section and has therefore already been moved.

Once the post has been moved please try and search for a solution using the available FAQs and/or the community search

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------

If official support is required please check how to phone or open a case here

----------------
The title Poly Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 6
Zebragonzo
Occasional Visitor

Thanks for moving the post!

Message 3 of 6
jw350
Occasional Visitor

I have the same problem.  It woke me up 4 times last night.  It has never been a problem before. My wife told me to get rid of it

Message 4 of 6
Beyond Conference
Valued Contributor

Hello Zebragonzo, decrease the volume while the device is playing the announcement.

You will see the led bar length decreasing while doing it.

BR, Beyond Conference

Message 5 of 6
Zebragonzo
Occasional Visitor

That's great thank you!

Message 6 of 6