Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I am on the latest software and firmware(0.0.567.3472) and am having battery drain with this device. I use it connected to a dell docking station via USB and this things works great. The issue is when I power my computer off the battery drains. You would thing it would continue to charge while it's connected to USB. So I started taking the next step and power the sync 20 off manually when I was done for the day and the battery will still drain to 0% over a weekend. I don't understand why it is doing this and seems like a firmware bug to me. Please let me know if this is a known bug or if I possibly have a hardware issue.

Thanks

Tye

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello @TyeR,

Welcome to Poly Community.

This is not a known issue for us but upon initial search it appears to be due to USB Power Share settings on Dell computer. You need to refer to your computer support for help. As a basic you can refer to link 1 + link 2 and see if suggested steps help you fix it:

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Admin is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. This forum replies or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer. Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and may be answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.

HP Recommended

Thank you for the insight.  I checked the bios and usb power share is disabled but it does sound like something with this docking station could be the culprit.  I'll keep digging.

HP Recommended

Having a similar issue with Microsoft Surface Laptops and the Surface Dock 2 docking station.  Poly-20s will be dead after multiple days not in the office with a powered on laptop.  Need these to be charging over night when laptops are disconnected or powered on.

HP Recommended

Hello @mwjames ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

This would need to come into our Support organisation.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

did you find a fix? Not only does the poly 20 die, but it wont get recognized in Win 10 even after its been charged unless I reboot. Plantronics Hub sees it ok but no Mic or Speaker recognized.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.