Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I can get my iPad to work with our HDX9004 when they are both on the same private network segment.  The HDX9004 is now on the public network with a public IP address.  I can not get video/audio from my iPad that is behind my Linksys router on a home DSL circuit.  The iPad connects every time - just no received audio or video.  I have talked with some of my peers and they have been able to get their iPads to work behind home router systems.

HP Recommended

Hello Kiheiman,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Did you open or forward any ports from your Router to the IP of your iPad?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I set up port forwarding on my Linksys router for all TCP/UDP ports between 1 to 50,000.  The HDX system can see and hear me, but I cannot see or here them.  I also tried the wireless setup at McDonalds and Startbucks and that also did not work.  I plan to try to place a call from the HDX system to my iPad to see if I get any different results.  IN most cases, the call always connects.  I have tried a number of the Polycom demo sites and they connect and then hang up about one second later.  I know the demo sites work good with the HDX system.

To be honest, it seems that a lot of iPad users are having the same problem.   I have asked Polycom for details on the CMA solution, but cannot get any info.  Just to clarify.  iPad to HDX works fine in both directions for audio and video, when the iPad and the HDX system are on the same subnet behind the firewall.  However, we have had to move the HDX system to a public IP because of various firewall issues with our other Polycom partners. 

HP Recommended

Here is an update on my testing.  I can connect with the HDX system every time.  The HDX end can always see me and hear me.  I can hear them and see them about 1 times out of 10 tries.  Most of the time, I connect but hear no audio and see no video.  I tried various port forwarding settings on the LinkSys router.  It appears to me that the Realpresence app is not ready for prime time.

HP Recommended

I had a peer across the country do the same testing with his iPad (at home behind a DSL router) test with his HDX system that is on the public network (not behind a firewall).  He experiences similar problems - he can always connect, but sometimes he does not hear or see the HDX site on his iPad.  I did about two hours of testing on the various Polycom demo sites - same results - always connects but I only see video from the Polycom site on about 1 out of every 5 attemps.

Is this problem being addressed by Polycom engineering?  We were hoping to use the iPads as part of remote learning (students with iPads video conferencing into the HDX system used by the instructor).  I am going to have to report back to college management that Realpresence on an iPad is not going to be a solution at this point in time.

HP Recommended

Hello Kiheiman,

I would suggest you raise a Ticket with Polycom Support.

Polycom utilizes Video conference industry standard ports and protocols but due the vast amount of different home routers sometimes (as in your case) the routers / access points simply refuse to be utilized using the standards.

The Polycom Real Presence solutions in provisioned mode would work around this and still keep this compatible with other vendors.

The best case forward for you would be to work with your Polycom reseller to be introduced in the professional solutions or raising a ticket via your reseller with Polycom support to gather more insight in the difficulties that you currently have.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks for the update.  I have had a number of Polycom people tell me that I needed to use the Provisioned mode, yet no one can tell me what I need to have in order to use that mode - very frustrating.  I have been in contact with Polycom System Engineering and they seem to confirm that the basic mode will not work when the iPad is behind a firewall/router and the HDX system is on the public netowork - but I could get no info on what I need to do to get the system working.  This is forcing me to look at non-Polycom solutions.  I have spoken with a couple of our Polycom resellers and they also do not know how to get the system to work - other than their testing with Realpresence on the iPad has not been successful.

What do I need to do to escalate this issue to a higher level.  My guess is that there are a large number of people having the same problem.

HP Recommended

Just a side note on the iPad video conferencing issue.  We have used the Polycom Telepresence M100 app on desktops and laptops and it works good.  I used the M100 app on my home test setup and it works as advertised, but the Realpresence app on the iPad does not work.

HP Recommended

Hello Kiheiman,

I am still a bit surprised about your comments and the lack of knowledge from your Reseller end or even the quoted Polycom teams. If you have a Polycom case number from support I would be able to follow this up internally.

The m100 is a completely different product unlike the CMAD or the Real Presence Mobile / Desktop and require the following:

Polycom CMA® System and RealPresence Resource Manager System

The RealPresence Mobile application can register to the Polycom CMA® server version 6.2 and Polycom RealPresence Resource Manager server version 7.1.
The CMA and RealPresence Resource Manager systems can schedule and perform limited monitoring of the RealPresence Mobile application, but cannot fully manage, provision, or update the application.

Above is what is described as provisioned mode and is mentioned amongst other limitations between standalone and provisioned mode within the release notes => here <=

Once you provide the details of the Polycom SE or the Polycom service Ticket number we can follow this up and get back to yourself.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.