Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We use iPad to connect our HDX8000 through 3G mobile network. The iPad cannot display far site video. We do not have any CMA server or firewall setup.

18 REPLIES 18
HP Recommended

Does this happen to be an iPad Mini?

I worked with a customer today and calling from a public to public IP address the video on the Mini is black (the audio wsa working fine). I did a test using my iPad to his HDX & the call was fine. We tested from his HDX to my iPad and it worked as well.

Also, just as a heads up I made sure the camera wasn't covered on the iPad Mini by the case. 🙂

HP Recommended

Same problem for iPad , Note II and Tab. We do not have any gateway setting either. My distributor said if you use public IP in the same network, it works.

HP Recommended

if it's public to public it should work fine (I've personally tested it many times).

What's odd though is the Mini doesn't seem to be working using 2.0. The same goes for the iPhone 5. I'm in the process of testing the iPhone 5, once I can get my hands on one.

HP Recommended

@all,

Please always ensure to check the release notes on the Polycom  RealPresence® Mobile => here <=

As of today (18.12.2012) only the following iOS products are supported:

iPad 2, new iPad, iPhone 4S

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks Steffen. I just now caught that.

HP Recommended

Further testing on mobile with Wifi network (different location) works great. It sounds like the RPM won't support 3G/4G mobile network without CMA? 

HP Recommended

Hello sthkmichael,

its not a support question that RPM does not support this. Its a question you should liaise with your 3G/4G provider.

We use industry standard protocols but the Network may block the traffic. Using a CMA / VBP solution would circumvent this.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

My Wifi at home is able to communicate with my Office HDX using Samsung S2.

However, only iPad is able to use office Wifi to communicate with HDX (both video and audio). 

The Samsung S2 fail to display HDX video using the same Wifi at office. The HDX use a ture IP. 

HP Recommended

Hello sthkmichael,

Sorry but I need clarification on your most recent questions.

I have copy and pasted your questions and added replies.

(sthkmichael)My Wifi at home is able to communicate with my Office HDX using Samsung S2.

POLYCOM Comment/Question: Are you saying your Samsung S2 can dial successfully from your home WiFi to your Office HDX?

(sthkmichael)However, only iPad is able to use office Wifi to communicate with HDX (both video and audio). 

POLYCOM Comment/Question: Understood.

(sthkmichael)The Samsung S2 fail to display HDX video using the same Wifi at office. The HDX use a ture IP. 

POLYCOM Comment/Question: Are you saying that if you bring your Samsung S2 (that works from home to office HDX) from your home to your office you cannot call from the Samsung S2 to your Office HDX?  I am not sure what you mean when you wrote "ture IP" can you clarify?  If I had to speculate I would say that when you bring your Samsung S2 into the office it is not being routed correctly through your corporate network to be able to dial to the HDX. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.