Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

We are testing the IPAD2 and Samsung Galey and we have run into bugs with the Samsug Galaxy and was looking to see if these were documented.

THe IPad2 is working great with all the testing we have done over the past two days from mutlipoint calls thru an HDX to our RMX2000.

I would prefer to have our company go with the Samsung galaxy but as the testing goes right now we are leaning with the Ipad because of the lack of current issues with it.

The Samsung Galaxy is having more issues and they are below.

1.) CMAD will not show video from the Samsung Galaxy but audio from the Galaxy can be heard and the Galaxy can receive Audio and Video.

2.) The Galaxy has the same issue above but with the RMX200 bridge.  The bridge is running 7.2.  The Ipad works just fine no issues.

3.) the Galaxy will not receive or send video to a TANDBERG 6000 f5.3

Any help with this would be great.

Jon

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Using the Android devices through an RMX require that the RMX have the MPMX media card installed and be running 7.2.2.20 or later.

The CMA requires version 5.0 or 5.3, If you have this version we will need more specific details.

Not sure about the Tandberg but I will look into it

Attached are the release notes for  the Android devices.  If you still have specific questions please feel free to ask. 

HP Recommended

Just some more info that may be of assistance:

ports should be the same as used by CMAD 5.2 with the exception of XMPP

Inbound ports:

Port Function

80 (TCP) HTTP

1720 (TCP) H.323 Signaling

1719 (UDP) Registration, Admission, and Status (RAS)

3230 - 3237 (TCP) Call Signaling

3230 - 3237 (UDP) Media (RTP/RTCP)

5060 SIP

Outbound ports:

Port Function

443 (TCP) Provisioning, Monitoring, Help Files, HTTPS

389 (TCP) LDAP

5060 SIP

1720 (TCP) H.323 Signaling

1719 (UDP) Registration, Admission, and Status (RAS)

3230 - 3237 (UDP) Media (RTP/RTCP) - depends on receive ports

negotiated by far end video endpoint

HP Recommended

Jon,  this is a very new product and the first release has not been inter-op tested with all video systems. The release notes state which ones have been tested and proven to work.

Thanks,  Ken...

HP Recommended

As of right now with the first public release, the Android versions currently do not have LPR video packet loss error correction in the code, this will be coming in a future release. This is in the Ipad version and why the Ipad version currently has less video problems than the android at the same amount of packet loss.

HP Recommended

Jon,  Engineering is looking into the Tandberg issue. Any changes will be posted in a future software update.

HP Recommended

I also get no video when I call a Tandberg T1000 from RP Mobile on an iPad2.

The T1000s are running the final versions of Classic (E5.3 or B10.3).  No

problem when both call an RMX 2000 meeting room.

Also, is there any reason to require MPMx for Android pads?

Thanks,

Mike

HP Recommended

If RealPresence Mobile tablet connects to an endpoint that does not support H.264 video you will only get audio in the call.

The Android tablet based app is based in hardware and requires the MPM card.  The iPad is software only, because of Apple's restrictions, and can over come the limitations. However because of this the apple is limited in other aspects such as resolution. 

HP Recommended

Along the same lines here, I am dialing from the Galaxy tab to endpoints that are H.264 and am still not getting video on those endpoints.  Miral Softphone,  VSX7000, MGC50+ Bridge, and LIfeSize Passport. 

All endpoints can hear me, just not see me.  All are on internal LAN.  Can see and hear all on the Galaxy pad.

Any thoughts?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.