Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi all, Need your help. I am at my wits end.

Last 2 weeks, my CEO will like to use RealPresence (Release 3.4) on his laptop to conduct video conferencing with external parties. We realised that after setup and troubleshoot some issues, there is a 2 minutes drop call to whichever party we connect to. I have search through the community forum and cannot find the right solution to my cause.

I have tried it out on my laptop and I can deduce that the Firewall (Sonicwall Firewall TZ215) is the main cause of the issue.

The troubleshooting results are as follows. (All scenarios are using the same laptop and IPAD/IPHONE, Laptop using DHCP IP address in office)

The 2 minute drop call issue will happen if :-

1) Laptop in the office network connect a call to an external party. (need to pass through firewall and goes to internet)

There is NO 2 minute drop call issue if :-

1) Laptop in the office network calling to another Polycom HDX 7000 within the same office network. (not passing thru firewall) 2) Laptop at home using internet calling to the same external party.

3) IPAD/IPhone in the office using the same office network connect a call to the same external party.

4) IPAD/IPhone at home using internet calling to the same external party.

However, strange things happen when I assigned a Static LAN IP address NAT to a Public IP address.

The Laptop in the office network connect a call to external party and NO 2 minute drop call HAPPEN !

Can some experts advise what is to be set in the firewall TZ215 ?

I try all ways, allow access rules to H323, Port 3230-3250 do not work.

Increase UDP inactivity time in the access rules advanced tab do not work.

Need help.

Thank you

regards Koon Seng

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I'm not sure if you are experiencing this issue still or not, but wanted to let you know that I stumbled across your post while trying to resolve this issue.

I successfully resolved the issue by disabling H.323 tranformations under VoIP settings.

I hope this helps you, and anyone else experiencing the issue.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.