Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Just upgraded my iMAC 5k and Macbok Pro to MacOS High Sierra.   High Sierra was released to the public this week and was in BETA for a few months before release.  Just realized that RDP 3.7 or 3.8 don't work with the new version of MACOS.  You can connect to calls, audio works, people can see you, but you can't see others.  The window that normally shows the video is missing--just the black background.  Are others having this problem??  Is there a fix available.

Help!

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hello mchernis67,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

We clearly usually list all supported and tested operating systems and if the one used by yourself is not one of them then I would assume you will need to wait for the next release.

I suggest you get this into support so we can work with our team on this.
Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Understood.. Seems like support should be available now but I'll take it up with support.  I posted here because I'm hoping some other community member is aware of some kind of workaround I can use in advance of the next release..

I expect you'll be hearing from lots of folks on this..

Mark

HP Recommended

Hello mchernis67,

our developers are already looking into this and I believe we plan this for the next maintenance release.

Not ETA for this and all subject to change.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks. Let me know if you are looking for someone to test the maintenance release.  I've participated in BETA testig programs in the past and currently am completely unable to use the app.   Anything would be an improvement.

Thanks,

Mark

HP Recommended

In order to participate in beta programs please reach out to your Polycom sales team and they will nominate you for participation.

Hopefully anyone who would have the resources and the time to do beta testing we are excited to have them participate.  If you need help identifying that resource please PM me and I will assist.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply.     That said, it is pretty shameful you have not updated this app yet for High Sierra.  MacOS 10.13 was in BETA for months and out of about 100 applications I use, this is the ONLY remaining one that does not work properly..   Most products were updated as needed prior to the release and a few within a couple days.   Pathetic!

What do you expect people to do?   Every new machine comes with HS now.   We are a pretty large user of Polycom equipment--I'll make sure the sales team is aware of how far behind you are with the basics next time a major install comes up.

Mark

HP Recommended

..just to support mchernis67.. I've all my MacOS blame for Polycom after HS upgrade...really curious to understand why such a big company have not work on HS beta "before" relase recently 3.8 .

I urged Polycom to release a working application.

HP Recommended

Hello paolob,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

RealPresence Desktop 3.8 was released in order to fix field issues reported by our customers.

We do clearly specify what Software Version has been tested against and most of our corporate customers using this application usually do not upgrade to the latest OS Versions straight away.

Please work with your Polycom reseller or Polycom sales engineer if you require a fix outside of our usual maintenance window.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Dear Steffen,

thanks to reply and welcome.

Let me I stay on my opinion ... since HS beta was out since June 5th I expected some test shoud have been carried on. One other possibility (that some sw developer have applied) it's put in evidence as a warning the incompatibiity with HS.

Regards,

Paolo. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.