Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

guys i need some help; we have a remote user in SF with Polycom RealPresence on a laptop; we have a HDX8000 in NY;when he calls NY from SF he uses the public ip address and we can view/see him well however we cannot hear him and the call drops every 2 minutes 10 seconds. i have attached a pic of the log on the real presence snapshot...

any help is appreciated

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Dear NextjumpRS,

You problem description is leading me to think there is an issue within the network connecting the 2 sites.  It sounds as though the SF site is a home user, correct?  If so I would start there.  I would look at the connection they are making to the internet.  What you are explaining seems as though the issue is due to a home firewall/router configuration issue and it not allowing for a proper connection to be established. 

Check the make/model of the firewall/router and then research the setting and make sure they have proper rules setup to allow this to traverse.  Some devices have port forwarding rules, or even hardset menu choices to allow H.323 to be passed through the router. 

The above comments are assuming that the HDX in NY is truly outside the firewall and can take/make successful calls to other locations.

Last if you need a test site to call other than your own use the below link.

http://support.polycom.com/PolycomService/support/latinamerica/support/documentation/video_test_numb...

HP Recommended

thanks so much for replying Glenn.... our Guy in SF is currently in a shared office space; so we contacted their tech guy who created a NAT for the local ipaddress to a public ip address so that's how it's working to call NY; 

on the NY side we can call successfully to any test site and audio and video works fine however the issue only arise with calling SF. i am trying to help out the tech guy in SF so i am doing some research on what he can do to make audio enabled.

PS. the tech guy in SF told us that everything is open on his network because of the customers demand...

HP Recommended

They usually do say that everything is open!!  If everything is open why have a firewall 😉 

The NAT rule makes sense for the IP address and that will hold up the connection for you but as for the lack of audio it still could be something at the firewall that is blocking the ports needed.  Can the user in SF test locally within his building to another video device or if he has another iPad or even a iPhone or Android Phone to install the RealPresence Mobile app on?  If so he can test within his local building without traversing the firewall and see if he has audio both ways.  If he does, then you can use that to relay to the Firewall folks.  For reference have them review the current port list in the release notes located on page 24 >HERE<

Please let me know your results.

HP Recommended

the ports listed says it's for supported version of the real presence mobile application. since i am using a laptop will the same ports apply?

HP Recommended

Sorry, I gave you the wrong link! 

Click >HERE< for the RealPresence Desktop 2.0 Release notes.  Refer to pages 10 and 11 for port list.

HP Recommended

thanks i give that to the IT guy in SF and he says all the ports are open; i was able to get some logs from the real presence; attached is a snapshot; the forum is not allowing me to upload .logs format

HP Recommended

OK.  I will send you an IM and get the logs off the device.  I need to see the logs immediately after a failed call. 

Can you have the SF site follow these steps?

1- Launch RealPresence Desktop

2- Note the time and then call into the NY site.  Leave connected for 10 seconds and confirm video.

3- Disconnect from NY

4- Have NY HDX call into the SF site.  Leave connected for 10 seconds and conform video transmits both ways

5-Disconnect call

6-From SF have them click, Start, All Programs, Polycom, RealPresence Desktop, RPD Log Collector

7-Let application gather logs and then once complete have them send the logs to you.

I will IM you for how to send me the logs. 

HP Recommended

great i did the test and i have the logs...

Thanks

HP Recommended
Thanks,

I will review and get back to you soon.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.