Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I just installed the 1.0.4 version and it still does not recognize when my network connection is being NAT'ed.  When will this support be added?  This should be a priority. H.323 Video/Audio will fail since the RPM's H.245 is telling the far end to send it to the private address.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Guys

I agree with Joe's comments. We've also ran into this issue whereby we can connect and register to the Gatekeeper from the Real Presence iPad app fine from 3G for example. However, when we try and make a call it does not connect. On further investigation it would appear that even though the 3G provider is Nat'ing the internal address, the Real Presence App is sending it's internal address in the payload instead of the Public Address provided by the 3G provider. We've tried several scenarios and it does does work properly for us externally - technically I don't believe it should be inclsuing the internal address in the payload.

Polycom's PVX software for example does not do this - why havsn't it been included / sorted in this application. It's a real let down as we have a large number of Senior Executives that use iPad and this does not work for us which looks bad on our general Polycom investment, not just the Polycom App.

Can someone confirm what the plan is if any to resolve this or can we have an updated client that does not exhibit this behaviour?

Matt

HP Recommended

Hello Matt and Joe,

are you using the Real Presence Mobile App whilst registered to a CMA ?

If yes, please work with your local Polycom Support Team

If no, please see this post => here <=

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I am aware of what has been posted prior regarding this. This having been a feature request, I was commenting on the fact that a new software release still does not support this.

HP Recommended
Hello Joe,

newly added features would be mentioned in the release notes.

I can only advise you to work with your local Polycom sales engineer.

Currently this is working as designed.

Steffen Baier
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Currently working as desgined - i.e. not a proper true mobile client, but one that only works consistently if you are connected to the same LAN as the system you want to dial.

Thats fairly useless in a world where people want to leave the office and use these devices isn't it.

NAT support would be a strong advantage

HP Recommended

Hello Sharps,

as explained above already working as it has been designed to work whilst not registering to a Gatekeeper.

The App is completely free and will work in this environment as described.

Any changes to this behavior need to be raised via your Polycom Reseller in order to get brought to the attention of a Polycom SE to work with the Product Management Team whilst providing a business plan to justify any changes made to the application.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.