Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello everybody,

I have RPD 3.4.1.55.261 running on Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit.

I notice that when I set NAT Auto-detect public (WAN) address, the Audio Rx channel is not setup properlyand I am actually unable to get the voice of remote videconference partner.

Changing RPD settings to Manually enter public (WAN) address, everything works perfectly.

Checking the rpd.log, I see the following difference:

with auto-detect enabled, the WAN public IP address is not detected properly

2015-09-22 11:59:49,028 +0200 [DEBUG][CallControl] - [tid = 3848] ConfigManager::processPublicNATAddr, we are in auto mode, and detected IP address is

with RPD set to manually enter WAN IP address, the the IP address is shown in the log:

2015-09-22 11:58:16,719 +0200 [DEBUG][CallControl] - [tid = 2620] ConfigManager::processPublicNATAddr, we are in auto mode, and detected IP address is xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

Any idea? How does auto-detect work? Is it a known bug?

Thank you.

Regards,

Andrea

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Let me add an extra detail.

Using Wireshark, I've verified that when in auto detect mode, RPD talks with a Polycom server and the IP public (WAN) address is correctly retrived during RPD startup.

In particular, when RPD is started, it calls this URL http://140.242.26.8/whatisip.asp and the WAN IP address is returned by the server.

After that it seems that RPD ConfigManager::processPublicNATAddr does not do the job and the information is lost.

Ideas?

Thank you!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.