Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello, 

I am using the Polycom Realpresence Mobile 1.3.2 app on an iPad to videoconference into a class. The system the school is using is HDX 7000. My roommate accidentally unplugged the router over the weekend and now, my class can see and hear me, but I cannot see or hear them. (Up until now it had been working fine.) On my router's gateway setup I have enabled triggering and access control, opening all the necessary ports in the process and have forwarded them (taking into account that the iPad's ip address was changed with the router's restart). I have talked to SMC, the company that made the router, but they have been incapable of giving me any useful answers. I also have looked at previous posts but can't seem to find any resolutions. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

The port forwarding may still be pointing to the old IP address. Or was an additional laptop added to the router so there is IP sharing going on and the router (port forwarding) is sending the video to the wrong device?

HP Recommended

I'm working with a client who has the iPad & is unable connect from home using the RP Mobile app on the iPad. She has the Apple Express wireless router. I've given her 2 options -- 1) DMZ the LAN IP of the iPad, or 2) use port forwarding to the LAN IP.

Has anyone gotten this to work thru the Apple Express wirelss router? Is there a port list for the RP Mobile app? I've looked thru the documentation but haven't seen anything specific.

EDIT: Will this work for RP Mobile (see below)?

Polycom ViaVideo H.323

http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Apple/AirPortExtreme/Polycom_ViaVideo_H.323.h...

HP Recommended

MikeH,

Were you able to get anywhere with this?  Is it working now?  I have reviewed the link you posted and that might work for you if your still wondering.  I have also looked at some documentation on that Apple Express Wireless router and found some good information on setting up port forwarding over at the Apple Support Communities. 

If this is working for you now can you please let us know how you got it to work for others? 

As to your question of "Is there a port list for the RP Mobile app?" the answer is yes.  There is a list within the current release notes located >HERE< and on page 24.

Also copy and pasted below.
Inbound
1720 (TCP) H.323 Signaling
1719 (UDP) Registration, Admission, and Status (RAS)
3230 - 3237 (UDP) Media (RTP/RTCP)
5060 SIP
3238 (UDP and TCP) BFCP

Outbound
443 (TCP) Provisioning, Monitoring, Help Files, HTTPS
389 (TCP) LDAP
5060 SIP
1720 (TCP) H.323 Signaling
1719 (UDP) Registration, Admission, and Status (RAS)
3230 - 3237 (UDP) Media (RTP/RTCP)
5061 (TCP) SIP TLS signaling

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.