Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello, I am finding it difficult to call the HDX 6000 in my board room over the LAN using the Polycom real presence app on my IPAD 3. Can anyone tell me if there are specific settings that should be configured on the IPAD 3.

The HDX 6000 is not configured with any gateway settings and we currently use it to call external locations over the INTERNET.

A prompt response would be highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Olaolu

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks for the clarity.

I was actually looking at having multiple devices on the same call, whereby four colleagues can have a meeting using their IPADs from their desks.

Also, my organisation is licensed on office 365 and as such use the Lync online communicator. I also saw somewhere it is possible to connect to the Polycom device through Lync communicator and vice versa. Could you please provide any material that can help on achieving this.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hello Olaolu,

I apologize for the lack of response. 

I hope by now you are all set and figured things out.  But if not, maybe this can help. 

If both your iPad and HDX are within the same LAN/Network you should to be able to dial direct from either the HDX to the iPad or from the iPad direct to the HDX using the IP addresses as the dial string. 

Have you tried that? 

Do you know if your iPad is configured in Basic or Professional mode? 

If in basic mode you should be able to dial as I mention above if the network path allows you.  If you are Professional mode you will need to be registered to a provisioning server and can dial via IP or systems alias. 

HP Recommended

Thanks Glenn.

I have been able to achieve connectivity on the LAN between the IPAD 3 and the HDX, however I'm unable to conference other users on the same LAN.

Could you kindly explain how I can achieve this?

Thank you.

HP Recommended

There should be no difference between other users on the same LAN and the HDX you are calling.  If all devices are within the same network you should be able to dial any of them from the iPad via the IP address of that users system. 

Can you explain a little more about what exactly you are trying to do?  Are you trying to call point to point from the iPad to another device? Are you trying to call to more than 1 device at a time?  Can you give me an example of what is not working?

HP Recommended

I actually made a successful call between devices on the LAN but couldnt set up a conference call using IP addresses of the devices.

HP Recommended

I am confused by your statement above.  What are you referring to when you say "conference call"  Are you trying to have multiple video devices all on the same call? 

If so, that is not supported with the iPad.  It is an option on the HDX, but you would need to have a Multipoint license.  That would allow you to have 4 sites in a call together. 

HP Recommended

Thanks for the clarity.

I was actually looking at having multiple devices on the same call, whereby four colleagues can have a meeting using their IPADs from their desks.

Also, my organisation is licensed on office 365 and as such use the Lync online communicator. I also saw somewhere it is possible to connect to the Polycom device through Lync communicator and vice versa. Could you please provide any material that can help on achieving this.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Glad I can help.

As stated you can purchase and  install a 4-way Multipoint License on your HDX and then have all the iPads call into that for a Multi point meeting.  This option will allow the HDX plus 3 other sites to dial into the meeting.  If this is something you would like more information on please contact your local sales rep for Polycom.

Another way to host a multiway meeting is to have a bridge within the network.  With a bridge you can have hundreds of endpoints connected to the same meeting. 

As for integration with Lync.  The RealPresence Mobile app is not supported to be integrated with it at this time.  We do have other devices such as your HDX that can be integrated with it.  More information can be found at the link below.  You can find Deployment Guides and release notes. 

http://support.polycom.com/PolycomService/support/us/support/strategic_partner_solutions/microsoft_s... 

HP Recommended

Thanks Glenn.

You have been helpful.

What kind of bridge are you talking about or better still what device can one use to serve as the bridge?

HP Recommended

It would be a audio/video bridge.  Polycom has had several types of these devices over the years including Polycom MGC,and our latest RealPresence Server (RMX) . 

Here is a link to the home page for our RealPresence Collaboration Servers. 

http://www.polycom.com/products-services/realpresence-platform/universal-video-collaboration.html 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.