Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi All:

I have decide to deploy the new RealPresence 3.1. During the testing Phase, I have encountered the following issues.

1. Cannot use the same user account in multiple places at once.

If I tried to sign-in, in the new RealPresence, in two different computer, using the same user account, at the same time, then it shows duplicate account error. This was not a problem in the older version of the RealPresence. Is this a limitation in the newer RealPresence?

2. XMPP: Service not registered Error

If I directly register to the CMA (using the CMA address as the server address), then there is no such error and I can also use the chat feature. But, if I register to CMA using the VBP (using the VBP address as the server address), then I have the "XMPP: Service not registered error" and I cannot use the chat feature as well. Is this a limitation of the new RealPresence or I need to add some certificates or something in the VBP?

How can I address these issues?

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

I can help with the first question but I'm not of the answer for the second. The RealPresence Desktop v3.1 implemented Presence and IM to come closer to feature parity with the CMA Desktop app. The app now acts like CMAD and uses 1 license per computer user. So, if you are logged into one PC then you will need to log-out before you can register a new PC with the same credentials. For the RealPresence Mobile app you are permitted to have multiple devices with the same registration. 

Hope this helps,

MobileGuy

@Kushal wrote:

Hi All:

I have decide to deploy the new RealPresence 3.1. During the testing Phase, I have encountered the following issues.

1. Cannot use the same user account in multiple places at once.

If I tried to sign-in, in the new RealPresence, in two different computer, using the same user account, at the same time, then it shows duplicate account error. This was not a problem in the older version of the RealPresence. Is this a limitation in the newer RealPresence?

2. XMPP: Service not registered Error

If I directly register to the CMA (using the CMA address as the server address), then there is no such error and I can also use the chat feature. But, if I register to CMA using the VBP (using the VBP address as the server address), then I have the "XMPP: Service not registered error" and I cannot use the chat feature as well. Is this a limitation of the new RealPresence or I need to add some certificates or something in the VBP?

How can I address these issues?

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

HP Recommended

Thanks.

HP Recommended

VBP is not designed to provide presence service to your software clients,it works as firewall travesal solution to provide scurity while LAN side EP have Video call with WAN side EP

So do not expect with VBP to provide you such services for that CMA is designed.

As far as the client log in is concirned,it does not make a sence to allow server to provide service to two diffrent machines with single user account. CMA also not provide service to single user account log-in from diffrent machine.

When ever you try to login from same user account from diffrent machine the user logged in from first machine will get log out itself.

BR

Yash Pal

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.