Is it possible for the Polycom RealPresence Mobile (iOS) to make auto-login?

vkostechko
Occasional Visitor

Is it possible for the Polycom RealPresence Mobile (iOS) to make auto-login?

Hello!
I develop iOS app, which will have possibility to launch Polycom RealPresence Mobile app by scheme . Polycom RealPresence Mobile app requires authentication. So, my question is: is it possible to send login/pass throw the scheme to make "silent login" (auto-login)?

Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
GlennDavis
Polycom Employee & Moderator

Re: Is it possible for the Polycom RealPresence Mobile (iOS) to make auto-login?

Hello vkostechko,

I do not believe the application allows this, but have forwarded your question to our developer team.  Please stand by for response. 

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Glenn Davis

Polycom Global Services

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" and feel free to give me Kudos.

Please also make sure to check the below link for more RPM information
http://support.polycom.com/PolycomService/support/us/support/video/realpresence_mobile/realpresence_mobile_overview.html
Message 2 of 4
GlennDavis
Polycom Employee & Moderator

Re: Is it possible for the Polycom RealPresence Mobile (iOS) to make auto-login?

Hello again,

Just received the response. 

There is no supported method for providing a username/password through a scheme like this.  However it is worth pointing out that RPM will stay logged in, “remembering” the username and password last used, unless the user signs out.  Exiting or suspending the app does not automatically cause the app to forget this.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Glenn Davis

Polycom Global Services

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" and feel free to give me Kudos.

Please also make sure to check the below link for more RPM information
http://support.polycom.com/PolycomService/support/us/support/video/realpresence_mobile/realpresence_mobile_overview.html
Message 3 of 4
SamZhou
Occasional Visitor

Hi GlennDavis,

I get a question regarding if we can develop an app to make a video conference based on Polycom system without using PRM app. 

If you know relavant SDKs for IOS or Android, please let me know.

Cheers

Message 4 of 4