Data Usage

Shane
Occasional Visitor

Data Usage

Hi All,

Just rang Polycom support and he directed me to this forum

Just downloaded the Polycom Real Presence Mobile for my iPAD, using this application at home on my wifi network, i was just wondering if someone would be able to give me an idea of the data usage that i would expect to see on 512k and 256k video calls for a 60 minute duration. Just don't want a massive shock when working from home and see my download limit disappear

Thanks

Shane

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
GlennDavis
Polycom Employee & Moderator

Re: Data Usage

Hello Shane,

We do not have a bandwidth calulator but in doing some math I think I have what you are looking for. 

Your call rates you mention below are based upon Kilobits per second and there are 3600 seconds in an hour. 

256Kpbs x 3600 = 115,200,000 which converts to 115Mb per hour.

512Kpbs x 3600 = 230,400,000 which converts to 230 Mb per hour.

I hope someone else can please check and correct me if I am wrong.  There are also some bandwidth calculators our on the web that could also assist. 

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Glenn Davis

Polycom Global Services

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" and feel free to give me Kudos.

Please also make sure to check the below link for more RPM information
http://support.polycom.com/PolycomService/support/us/support/video/realpresence_mobile/realpresence_mobile_overview.html
Message 2 of 2