Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello

We are experiencing connectivity problems & our issues are two fold:

1) 

When I tried a test using RealPresence  2.1 between my iPhone4S & a Samsung Galaxy Tablet, I was able to connect to the other instantly when both were on WIFI (the same network).

When I switched either to 3/4G I couldn't connect after inputing the new IP…..  Perhaps firewall related

The settings on my iPhone  are:

Version: 2.1-29090_5711

H.323 enabled
GateKeeper Registration is  off
WLAN & 3G/4G rate 512 kbps
SIP calls is disabled
My Number 192.168.2.13
Provisioning Service is disabled
H.323 enabled
SIP disabled
Network My IP (WLAN) 192.168.2.13

2)

Trying to configure RealPresence  2.1  on a Samsung Galaxy Note & a Samsung Galaxy S III phone:

Both devices are up to date re soft/firmware.

After inputing a valid email I check the register with Polcom box & hit next…. I skip sign in..

Beside the Grey "I" there's an orange triangle with an exclamation mark in it.

Settings are identical to the iPhone with 2 exceptions

My Number….Not available
Provisioning Service is disabled
H.323 disabled
SIP calls is disabled
Network 192.168.2.20

Version: 2.1-28814_5715

I downloaded your tech PDF's for all devices & followed instructions to the letter.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you 

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello dcprods,

Please see below

1) Could be a few things.  When you switched each device to 3/4G did you stop and then restart the app and then test?  If not can you please do that.  If so, it sounds as though the issue is network related.  Are both devices using the same 3/4G carrier?  If so, you might want to talk to the carrier and explain the issue and ask if your IP should be able to reach the others IP within their network.  If not you will need to have the devices register to a gatekeeper/server in order to call each other.  For a quick test I had 2 colleagues setup for 3/4G on their iPhones both utilizing different carriers.  Using my Verizon iPhone 4s I dialed to one of the colleagues iPhones without issue as he is also on Verizon.  I then tried to call the other, on ATT and it failed.  The reason it failed is because we are each given an internal IP address from that carrier and it is not routable outside the carriers networks.

2) Did the RealPresence Mobile App ever work for you on these devices? 

- Also can you tell me what the exact model number that is associated to you Samsung Galaxy Note and Samsung Galaxy S III phone?  The reason I ask is within the RealPresence Mobile 2.1 Release notes we refer to specific part numbers for each of those devices and I would just like to a reference point. 

Specifically here is what we list.

Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1” SHW-M480K tablet.

Samsung Galaxy Note GT-I9220 phone

Samsung Galaxy SIII GT-I9300 phone

Link to release notes.

http://downloads.polycom.com/video/realpresence_mobile/rpm_android_RN_2_1.pdf

Please let me know your results to the above responses.

HP Recommended

Hi Glen,

Thanks for your reply.

Issue #1 solved. We obtained static IP #'s.

Issue #2 Not solved

The models you provided in your PDF are for the US. We are in Canada. That said, our tablet:

Samsung  SGH-1957M works very well... no issues

Samsung Note SGH-1717M & Galaxy S3: SGH-I747M however still do not function. I tried trashing the app & reinstalling to no avail.

Same issue as before:

H.323 is disabled......Cant enable it.

My Number....Not available..

Any further thoughts in sorting this out are greatly appreciated!

Best,

Don,  DC Prods

HP Recommended

Don,

I have sent a quick note to the engineering team with your added details and will let you know the response once I get it.

So just to clarify a little more, both the devices you mention (Samsung Note SGH-1717M & Galaxy S3: SGH-I747M) can search the Google Play store, find the Polycom RealPresence Mobile app, then install and launch it? 

Also can you explain to me the screens and details once they launch the app? 

1. Does it first bring up the License Agreement?
     Can you click Accept and then the OK button?
  2. Does it then ask you to Sign-in?
     Does the user Sign-In or Skip?
HP Recommended

Glenn,

I will respond in point form:

"So just to clarify a little more, both the devices you mention (Samsung Note SGH-1717M & Galaxy S3: SGH-I747M) can search the Google Play store, find the Polycom RealPresence Mobile app, then install and launch it? "..........Yes

"Does it first bring up the License Agreement?".......Yes

"Can you click Accept and then the OK button?"......Yes

"Does it then ask you to Sign-in? "............Yes

"Does the user Sign-In or Skip?".......................Skip Sign-in

Thanks,

Don

HP Recommended

Ok thanks.

I will IM you with next steps.  I will then reply here once we move forward with this issue.

HP Recommended

Also i had Connectivity issues, But i got its solution later.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.