Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

My organization is having difficulty connecting to a Polycom site using our iPad's RealPresence mobile app. The people that we are attempting to contact say that we need to use a verizon hotspot. Is there a reason that we would need this? We can connect to the polycom test IP via wifi or cellular data. Could they have a block that restricts access unless you are on a verizon hotspot?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Maybe their domain being dialed is registered to a Verizon DNS server only.  What is that domain?

It can be checked to see what entries (SIP/H.323) are present to be routed. 

Maybe they haven't added entries for the protocol you are using.

HP Recommended

Our Mobile data is through verizon. Wouldn't that avoid the problem?

HP Recommended

There must be something else going on.  What is their network infrastructure receiving the call?  Does it even reach them?

Also, what is your RPM using for protocol, SIP or H.323?  Is it registered, if so, to what?

HP Recommended

We get a "Far end Unreachable" error on the iPads, but we used one of our employee's android phones(connected through verizion cell data) and it worked. I'm assuming Android and iOS should connect equally well. We tried with both SIP and H.323 on the iPads with no success. We are not using a registered account as we were told we wouldn't need one. The android user was not registered either. I'm not sure what their network infrastructure is. Their IT team will be reaching out to me soon, so I will be sure to ask.

HP Recommended

You can confirm with them if they support both SIP and/or H.323 calls. And what dialing format they are expecting to see so their gateway can route it accordingly.  Generally, an unregistered endpoint would need to dial the IP address of the gateway (or domain) and provide an alias of their registered endpoint/conference you're trying to connect to.

For example, Verizon Conferencing has a test conference, ConnectCheck, which when called terminates on a VCS-Expressway and routes the call thru the infrastructure to a Telepresence Server conference. Normal SIP dialing is connectcheck@join.verizon.com

RPM configured for SIP, unregistered, can dial connectcheck@join.verizon.com or 43214321@63.97.112.115 to reach conference number 43214321 via the VCS-E.  The domain join.verizon.com resolves to 63.97.112.115 or .116 via DNS servers.

For H.323, an additional 11 digit string needs to be prefixed for VCS-E routing, e.g. 1866845273343214321@63.97.112.115

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.